DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The PW Great Depression

EdenLovesMommy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: EdenLovesMommy
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
The potterworld economy used to be a booming metropolis and flourished under the high player count, supply of store trades, and constant use of the marketplace. I have only been playing since January and when I started playing, I got to experience this era in all of its glory and the player based economy really drew me into the game. I also stayed with the game because I am better than everyone playing it, even you! Anyways, the major driving factor for the healthy economy was in fact, gear materials and crafting. This really allowed people to make massive profits on gear materials and was a win win for both parties. Because gear materials were in such a high demand, they drove store trade supply and demand through the roof. The maximum conversion rate you would see from a store trade would be 2.0x per USD. Now since some genius decided that it’s much easier and less Grindy to simply drop the gear pieces instead of recipes this game, player motivation has dropped to an all time low. In fact, I would blame the terribly low player count recently all on the shambled marketplace. This is undoubtedly the root for all of potterworld recent shortcomings when providing an interesting gameplay towards the players. The game can be updated with new content all you want but if there is no kind of “grind” aspect why would lower levels want to make it to 80? It’s boring and makes the game to easy. I think that the developers believe making the game easier for new players will keep them around, hence loadouts, which is fine in theory but it is getting to the point where with a lack of interesting marketplace, this ideology is ruining a once beautiful establishment.

Take the beloved ColaCinema for instance. This guy is the Elon Musk of Potterworld. He has an incredible amount of hours on the game and his SOLE reason for playing it is to increase his gold and find new ways to do so. This guy doesn’t duel or fly or care about anything else in the game. He is literally playing for the marketplace and by ruining the economy for him, potterworld has ruined this gameplay aspect for numerous other players who love to play the marketplace. Also because there is a terrible economy, the supply for store trades is nonexistent. People will advertise 4k per dollar and get NO ONE who wants to do a trade with them. Considering 50% of store trades were to buy something from the potterworld store, you WOULD THINK that a primary focus would be to boost the economy in some way shape or form. Real money is being lost on the owners end because there is a lack of focus on fixing the marketplace and if some of the staff opened their eyeballs towards this, perhaps the game could be as good as it once was.

Also this is not just a pointless rant I genuinely care about the player count and activeness on the server. I have literally made TikTok videos for the sole purpose of boosting player count.

Shoutout maxwheel shoutout magmacharge also I am better than everyone at dueling you are all mid at this game.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
The potterworld economy used to be a booming metropolis and flourished under the high player count, supply of store trades, and constant use of the marketplace. I have only been playing since January and when I started playing, I got to experience this era in all of its glory and the player based economy really drew me into the game. I also stayed with the game because I am better than everyone playing it, even you! Anyways, the major driving factor for the healthy economy was in fact, gear materials and crafting. This really allowed people to make massive profits on gear materials and was a win win for both parties. Because gear materials were in such a high demand, they drove store trade supply and demand through the roof. The maximum conversion rate you would see from a store trade would be 2.0x per USD. Now since some genius decided that it’s much easier and less Grindy to simply drop the gear pieces instead of recipes this game, player motivation has dropped to an all time low. In fact, I would blame the terribly low player count recently all on the shambled marketplace. This is undoubtedly the root for all of potterworld recent shortcomings when providing an interesting gameplay towards the players. The game can be updated with new content all you want but if there is no kind of “grind” aspect why would lower levels want to make it to 80? It’s boring and makes the game to easy. I think that the developers believe making the game easier for new players will keep them around, hence loadouts, which is fine in theory but it is getting to the point where with a lack of interesting marketplace, this ideology is ruining a once beautiful establishment.

Take the beloved ColaCinema for instance. This guy is the Elon Musk of Potterworld. He has an incredible amount of hours on the game and his SOLE reason for playing it is to increase his gold and find new ways to do so. This guy doesn’t duel or fly or care about anything else in the game. He is literally playing for the marketplace and by ruining the economy for him, potterworld has ruined this gameplay aspect for numerous other players who love to play the marketplace. Also because there is a terrible economy, the supply for store trades is nonexistent. People will advertise 4k per dollar and get NO ONE who wants to do a trade with them. Considering 50% of store trades were to buy something from the potterworld store, you WOULD THINK that a primary focus would be to boost the economy in some way shape or form. Real money is being lost on the owners end because there is a lack of focus on fixing the marketplace and if some of the staff opened their eyeballs towards this, perhaps the game could be as good as it once was.

Also this is not just a pointless rant I genuinely care about the player count and activeness on the server. I have literally made TikTok videos for the sole purpose of boosting player count.

Shoutout maxwheel shoutout magmacharge also I am better than everyone at dueling you are all mid at this game.
pretty much disagree with all of this but i give a thumbs up because eden gave me switch games so we coo (y)

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
content all you want but if there is no kind of “grind” aspect why would lower levels want to make it to 80
Putting a high number on an item doesn't make it good content nor does it mean good gameplay.

The whole castle could be locked behind level 50. Would low lvl players get an incentive to grind and level up ? Yes.
Would the new and casual players want to grind to level 50 to access the castle ? Definitely not.

I think that at one point, Potterworld will have to decide if it wants to prioritize fun at the cost of grind or grind at the cost of fun, in my opinion striking a balance might be impossible due to the complexity of the whole system, but then again, I'm an outsider.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf

Tbh I don't understand your point - what's the solution in your opinion?
Either way, to have a good economy you need a well balanced game and active people. Potterworld is unbalanced ever since revelius came out, even tho you say that was an era of glory. It might've appeared so because there were a lot of active players. With the new quests, people got ridiculously rich. 100k gold was a amount that not even the richest people had and all of a sudden, everyone could get it within a few days. That surge in gold set the high prices of gear. And that ruined it all. You can't get rich from parkours or mobs which were the main source of gold before, things that you actually needed some skill for. And there weren't mobs that you could just 1 shot bc you have gear and then resell those items to lower levels who need them to those same revelius quests. All u need to do now is do the same chest runs every 4 hours and get lucky with getting the recipes. No skill needed.
Just for comparison, a few years back, chests used to give cake. One chest gave you up to 5 cakes, but it was mostly one cake per chest. A cake would be traded for 4 xp bottles and a stack of those bottles was worth 10 gold. So you needed to go around 15 different chests to try to sell 64 bottles to a player, for 10 gold. If you were really good at parkour, it was a little more profitable to do parkours for gold. When you fought mobs, you would get ingredients that mostly pretty cheap. Some more skilled people would brew potions and they would trade those in for gold. Today, you get more gold by right clicking one single chest. You don't even think about brewing potions, fighting mobs or doing parkour because the game simply isn't balanced. And the game isn't even fun bc of that, if the only thing that's profitable is a repetitive chest run then I'm not even suprised why PW started losing players.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @EdenLovesMommy!

Due to professions and gear not living up to the design initially intended for the server, the economy doesn’t really revolve around the value of materials anymore; instead, the marketplace is now saturated more with valuable collectibles rather than valuable goods. We do acknowledge this is a fundamental flaw in our game design for the economy since the materials we initially intended to bring value to professions, proved to be unneeded and oversaturated - causing the economy to suffer. We will be focusing on rectifying this in the future. As for the intended design for the potterworld economy, we will focus on crafting a system that relies on the natural flow of things to help the economy thrive once more. We will also focus on redesigning professions so there will be a natural flow to farming, crafting, and harvesting which will ultimately help with obtaining, spending and trading goods; as this is something our current system does not have, and are planning on fixing for the future. For more information on this, you can check out our latest Droobletalk episode that includes a section on the Economy.

Looking at the Gameplay side of things; we definitely understand that there are players who enjoy the grinding side of the server, to which we have begun adding some of these aspects back. For example, reputations. Additionally, we are also catering for players who struggle with content we produce for the server by creating more fun and less challenging activities—in terms of the difficulty—that anyone and everyone can take part in playing. As for Store Trades, this is out of our hands, as it is solely down to players willing enough to spend their in real life money to trade for in-game currency. We do support players who engage in this side of the economy, but we do not enforce it on anyone.

I hope this helps to explain things. Thank you for bringing this up to us though, we always appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: