DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Weekly Owl - Exclusive 1- Unofficial Roleplay News

Stardusted Weirdo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: The_Blue_Lady_
Phoenix Raven
Hello, everyone! Today we will be touching on a very special event: the Dark Duel. On Saturday, January 16th, Joel, Sara and Noah fought for the title of Dark Lord/Dark Lady. Hundreds of people came to watch this event, as it would define the future for all Dark Followers. Here is how it went down.

The Dark Duel began with Henry Chimera, the duel referee, stating the rules for the Dark Duel. He then introduced the competitors: Joel Crestello, Sara Selwyn, and Noah Pendragon. Joel Crestello, the deposed Dark Lord, wanted to prove his point. Sara Selwyn, the current Dark Lady, wanted to fight for equality. Lastly, Noah Pendragon, the current Dark Lord, wanted to fight for freedom!

As the competitors prepared for the duel, Henry announced the rules. The three competitors will battle between themselves for the title in a free-for-all duel. There was to be no outside help; they could rely on their wits alone. The competitors were not to use any unforgivable curses. Any rule breaking would lead to severe punishment or death, and in doing so, they would be disqualified. Whosoever fought their way to the top and succeeded would be worthy of the Dark title. Those who had been defeated must bow down to their opponents and walk back to their side of the arena. After everything was explained, Henry Chimera prepared the signal. The simple yet powerful word "Fight" echoed throughout the arena, beginning the biggest duel in history.

Noah believed Sara wasn’t strong enough to defeat him. He mocked: “You were always meant to serve the Dark Throne, not to sit upon it." As he pulled out his wand, she responded: “We both have the same path, but I don’t need to use magic to foresee that your
path would lead to danger, or worse, your downfall. While the two argued, Joel tried to get the battle to begin. As the Dark Duel continued, the tension rose in the audience. In the middle of the duel, Sara confronted Noah, aware that Noah had something up his sleeve. Seberius Gregorovitch appeared and greeted Joel and Sara. The crowd was shocked when Seberius, the previous reigning Dark Lord, joined the Dark Duel. Joel taunted Seberius: “I will not allow the Dark Followers to be led by someone who is not willing to do what is necessary.” Seberius looked down at the competitors who fought their own instead of their enemies. From Seberius's point of view, Noah was the only person who was a worthy successor and claimed that he would do everything in his power to make sure it would happen.

Joel believed that the Dark Followers were losing because of Noah’s selfish ambitions, just like when Seberius was Dark Lord. Seberius ignored Joel and retorted that Joel was a failure. Riled up, Joel tauned: “Strike me down!” . Without a second to spare, Seberius pointed his wand at Joel and casted Tormentium at him. Henry casted Paralotum at Seberius, and announced that he was disqualified for using one of the unforgivable curses.

Joel, who had been severely injured by the spell, managed to flee from the arena. The remaining competitors, Noah and Sara, continued to duel using all their magic and strength until Noah finally casted Expellimo, leaving Sara defenseless. The tension in the air had yet to die down as Noah approached Sara, his wand pointed at her. With victory nearly in Noah’s grasp, he offered Sara the option of perishing like the rest of his enemies or agreeing to serve as a Dark Follower and pledge her loyalty to him as the new Dark Lord.

Left with no choice, Sara agreed to the latter, and Henry announced Noah Pendragon as the new Dark Lord! Some Dark Followers agreed and respected Noah as their new leader, but others feared what was to come and had hoped that Sara or Joel would win the title. When Noah requested that everyone in the audience bow down to him, the audience rioted. They shouted that Noah wasn’t worthy of the title, and he didn’t deserve to rule the Dark Followers.

To conclude the duel, Noah made a powerful and moving statement: "My fellow Dark Followers. Today marks the dawn of a new era. We shall no longer hide in fear. We must be strong in order to succeed in our plan. Dark Followers, today I invite you to partake in our new vision of the future. One not of laws, and oversight… But freedom. Not just for us, but for all who the Ministry has silenced. This is our moment to blaze a path towards a better, and brighter future. I hope you will join us in this fight. And to those who may oppose us- the Ministry, the Phoenixes, led by my brother… You cannot stop what is coming. You cannot stop what’s begun here today. Your time is coming to a close."

Interviews, statements or opinions:

Salutations students and faculty of Hogsworth,

Many of you have heard the grave news that one of Hogsworth's own, Noah Pendragon, has chosen the path of darkness. As the new Dark Lord, Noah has chosen to align himself with the dark forces of magic. He will be extremely dangerous and I urge all of you to watch after each other and yourselves as we venture into a dark time for all wizardkind. Together, we will show him and his followers that we will not bow down to tyranny and fear, together we will stand as a testament to our strength, and together we shall triumph!

Hold together and stand against this Dark Lord!

- Headmaster Droobledore

Thank you for the wonderful message Headmaster Droobledore! What a twist of events! As Headmaster Droobledore said, let us prepare for the fight of our lives!

Thank you all for reading The Weekly Owl Special Edition: The Dark Duel. If you’d like to apply for a position for The Weekly Owl, feel free to apply here for the position of either Writer, Reporter, Publisher, or Distributor.