DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Ticket System Rework

kiarralish

Magician
Minecraft IGN: kiarralish
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
As someone who has played Potterworld for a long time now, I've had to make a lot of tickets. Whether it be reporting a bug or requesting help for my own issue, I'm familiar with the whole process. Nonetheless I feel as though it could be improved. For starters, more often then not I'll have my ticket picked up by a staff who doesn't know how to answer my question/ doesn't have the ability to resolve the issue I have. I suggest that once doing /t create it brings the player to a GUI menu, from that GUI menu the player can select different categories this ticket might go under (such as bug reports, housing issues, having trouble finding something on the map, etc etc). Once the player clicks on a category they can then type the message explaining the issue. From there a staff member who can correctly answer a ticket in this category can go and respond to the player's issue. This could also be used to better sort tickets on the forums. I think this would be a good thing to implement because I have had to remake tickets quite a lot because that staff member wasn't able to help me meanwhile another staff member was.

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya Kiarralish! Thank you for submitting this idea! We always appreciate seeing players suggestions. I will bring up your idea with the other poltergeists and get some more feedback on it. I will get back to you with our decision soon. Have a wonderful day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya, @kiarralish!

We appreciate you taking the time making this suggestion, and after careful consideration amongst the staff team, your suggestion has unfortunately been declined. Recently, the way that tickets work has been changed to include an FAQ from some of the basic questions that need to be answered. We feel that a change like this could confuse players about the system, and from this, they might not get the help that they need. We would prefer to keep the ticket system as simple as possible to avoid this.

There’s also the concern that we would need a lot of different categories, which could potentially be confusing for both staff and players. Even if we were to introduce categorizing, this wouldn't change the fact that the staff members online might not be able to help that player at all, and the player might have to end up waiting a bit regardless. Additionally and internally, we are working on improving the efficiency in which the staff team asks for help when they cannot help a player.

Thank you again for creating this suggestion. Have a wonderful day!