DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Toggle visibility - Choose your own view

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Hi everybodi.
I'll try to keep this suggestion short but hopefully I'll make myself quite CLEAR.
Add a feature that allows a player to choose if they want to see other people or not. Every Minecraft server with parkours or such has this feature, so PW should step up.

Where could this be beneficial - Flying classes and tournaments, possibly flying minigame, parkours in events or wiz pe. This feature is enabled/disabled on user side, so it wouldn't effect the staff members that need to see the students in class. It would also allow the ppl to choose their preference, I think many of us wished to see others in wiz pe OR not see others in flying.
Credits to @Magma for making the original similar thread that only got implemented in flying minigame https://potterworldmc.com/threads/option-to-turn-off-player-visibility-in-flying.7713/#post-89809

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Lore Master Poltergeist
Hello, @Ivan_ !

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined, as we didn't see a lot of support for the suggestion and don't believe it is a feature that would have enough support globally. A similar system does already exist in classes, allowing users to individually hide themselves, but is at the discretion of professors to use in their classes.

Nonetheless, thank you for making this suggestion, and have a magical day!

Takalo

Notable Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Takalo
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Drooble's Order
Hello, @Ivan_ !

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined, as we didn't see a lot of support for the suggestion and don't believe it is a feature that would have enough support globally. A similar system does already exist in classes, allowing users to individually hide themselves, but is at the discretion of professors to use in their classes.

Nonetheless, thank you for making this suggestion, and have a magical day!
I believe you are terribly mistaken… This suggestion may not have any replies but this is just because the forum is dead. As you already said this feature is already in use in classes but if you would look closely inside of a WizPE class there is almost every time the discussion about toggling visibility or not. It’s not hard to do, it’s wanted by players even though they did not react to this post and if people don’t want players to be invisible but keep it the way it is right now they don’t even have to mess with the feature once it is implemented.
make the forum more active then you could actually value the activity on a post as a valuable reason to reject something. Like this it’s just stupid (no offense)
~ me

Takalo

Notable Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Takalo
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Drooble's Order
I believe you are terribly mistaken… This suggestion may not have any replies but this is just because the forum is dead. As you already said this feature is already in use in classes but if you would look closely inside of a WizPE class there is almost every time the discussion about toggling visibility or not. It’s not hard to do, it’s wanted by players even though they did not react to this post and if people don’t want players to be invisible but keep it the way it is right now they don’t even have to mess with the feature once it is implemented.
make the forum more active then you could actually value the activity on a post as a valuable reason to reject something. Like this it’s just stupid (no offense)
~ me
Also considering that this was now declined we will never be able to suggest something like this. I really hate the forum system right now.

Harrison

Assistant to Head of Technology & Development
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Teheeo
Assistant Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer SPEW
Hello @Ivan_ and those who are also following along on this thread,

We want to apologise for the confusion the response to this suggestion has caused and provide some clarity on the decision that was made.

When evaluating this suggestion it was broken down into two parts (1) a global user-toggleable vanish system that is accessible to players on all parts of the server; and (2) an in-class user-togglable vanish system for use in Wizard’s PE and Flying for example.

On the global level, this suggestion has been rejected. Unfortunately with a lot of our focus on 1.16, we do not have the resources to implement an update as big as this. Vanishing players in Minecraft unfortunately isn’t the most straight forward, and such we are hesitant to make changes on the global level as it wouldn’t be fully functional (we cannot hide wand effects or spells), as well as being unsure if it’d fully get its fair use. To compensate however we have added global invisibility in places like parkours, as well as in class, and we have added similar systems to our minigames such as Flying.

On the class level, this feature already exists. We believe this was not clearly communicated in our original reply, so we wanted to provide more details on this system. In classes there is a whole class vanish and a per-user vanish. Until now the whole class vanish has only been used. However it recently underwent some changes to allow for per-user vanishing, This feature exists and it’s of the discretion of the Professor for if they wish to allow students to utilise this feature in their classes. We do know the feature is not perfect, it still shows wand effects, but we have managed to make it hide brooms (although there may be the odd visual glitch here and there), allowing it to be useful in Flying class.

We hope this provides more clarity on the decision made here, and once again apologise for the confusion that was caused.

If you do have more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Poltergeist Leadership