DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Tournaments

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
I don't know if this is the right place for it but I didn't know where else to put it.

This is how the schedule looks right now:
Week 1: Qualifications for flying and dueling
Week 2 Finals for Flying and dueling
Week 3: Nothing
Week 4: Nothing
Week 5: Qualifications for flying and dueling
Week 6 Finals for Flying and dueling
Week 7: Nothing
Week 8: Nothing

But I think it's more fun for the players to spread out the tournaments instead of doing them all in 2 weeks. If we spread it out we have every week something to do for tournaments like:

Week 1: Qualifications for the flying tournament
Week 2: The finals for the flying tournament
Week 3: Qualifications for the dueling tournament
Week 4: Finals for the dueling tournament
Week 5: Qualifications for the flying tournament
Week 6: The finals for the flying tournament
Week 7: Qualifications for the dueling tournament
Week 8: Finals for the dueling tournament
And so further.

So instead of doing the qualifications for both dueling and flying at 1 day and the finals also on 1 day we spread it out over 4 weeks instead of 2. With this way it's more spread out and we have every week something to do for tournaments.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I really hope this gets implemented because it can get difficult to gather everyone at the times of the tournaments and they mostly happen when events start, so you can miss out on them.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
As a former Arena Master, I’m not sure that this would work. Preparing for the qualifications and finals for tournaments takes a lot of time, and the schedules for all of the AMs can sometimes be an issue. One reason why the current system works is because the tournaments only take up time two Saturdays a month. With the schedule that you’ve made, an event would be happening every single weekend. Of course, perhaps that schedule would work for some Arena Masters but I just feel like this schedule could cause more scheduling conflicts within the team. Also, keep in mind that other staff members would be affected by this. The media department usually streams/films the tournaments, and this would mean that instead of being able to record both finals all in one day, they would have to record every other weekend. This could also bring up scheduling conflicts. And of course the professors with classes on Saturdays would have to completely change the times of their classes, because when there’s a class during a tournament every two weeks the class just gets delayed. But if there was a tournament every weekend, you can’t delay a class every single Saturday so the professor would need to completely change the time of their class.

Not to mention that this would mean that finalists and qualifiers would have to dedicate more time and clear their schedules for the tournaments as well, especially for the awesome players who qualify in both flying and dueling. I feel like sometimes it’s nice to have a two week break between finals and qualifiers so players are able to refine their skills and prepare for a full two weeks for the next qualifier.

Overall, I definitely see where you’re coming from. I think it would be wonderful if tournaments were more spread out, but I just don’t think it would work for the team as far as scheduling goes. Maybe in the future this could get implemented though, if everyone is okay with the scheduling changes.

Last edited:

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
As a former Arena Master, I’m not sure that this would work. Preparing for the qualifications and finals for tournaments takes a lot of time, and the schedules for all of the AMs can sometimes be an issue. One reason why the current system works is because the tournaments only take up time two Saturdays a week. With the schedule that you’ve made, an event would be happening every single weekend. Of course, perhaps that schedule would work for some Arena Masters but I just feel like this schedule could cause more scheduling conflicts within the team. Also, keep in mind that other staff members would be affected by this. The media department usually streams/films the tournaments, and this would mean that instead of being able to record both finals all in one day, they would have to record every other weekend. This could also bring up scheduling conflicts. And of course the professors with classes on Saturdays would have to completely change the times of their classes, because when there’s a class during a tournament every two weeks the class just gets delayed. But if there was a tournament every weekend, you can’t delay a class every single Saturday so the professor would need to completely change the time of their class.

Not to mention that this would mean that finalists and qualifiers would have to dedicate more time and clear their schedules for the tournaments as well, especially for the awesome players who qualify in both flying and dueling. I feel like sometimes it’s nice to have a two week break between finals and qualifiers so players are able to refine their skills and prepare for a full two weeks for the next qualifier.

Overall, I definitely see where you’re coming from. I think it would be wonderful if tournaments were more spread out, but I just don’t think it would work for the team as far as scheduling goes. Maybe in the future this could get implemented though, if everyone is okay with the scheduling changes.
I agree with most of your points but imo AM's attendance shouldnt be a problem considering they only have to show up to a total of 4 events in 1 month. Also with the streaming thing sunnya probably has a better chance of being able to attend atleast one final if they where spread out by 2 weeks where as now if she cant make one weekend there are no streams for the whole month (in terms of tourneys). But yeah the whole scheduling thing with proffs would be a problem but at the same time i personally dont think proffs should even have classes on tourney or qualifier days. ik that might be hard tho considering yes professors have lifes i get that and it sometimes is the only time they can do there classes.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
[...] only take up time two Saturdays a week. [...]
Imagine a world with more than one saturday in a week :eek:

Joking aside, I think Kate has some valid points. While the idea is in itself quite a good idea, its practical implementation would have unnecessary negative effects on staff members which, in my opinion, wouldn't be worth the change.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
As a former Arena Master, I’m not sure that this would work. Preparing for the qualifications and finals for tournaments takes a lot of time, and the schedules for all of the AMs can sometimes be an issue. One reason why the current system works is because the tournaments only take up time two Saturdays a week. With the schedule that you’ve made, an event would be happening every single weekend. Of course, perhaps that schedule would work for some Arena Masters but I just feel like this schedule could cause more scheduling conflicts within the team.
While I do agree there could be scheduling conflicts, I don't think it would be anything that could delay a tournament event. It would only shift dueling by one week, and since there are 3 arena masters for dueling and there only needs to be one for both qualifiers and finals I don't think there would be much of a problem.

Also, keep in mind that other staff members would be affected by this. The media department usually streams/films the tournaments, and this would mean that instead of being able to record both finals all in one day, they would have to record every other weekend. This could also bring up scheduling conflicts. And of course the professors with classes on Saturdays would have to completely change the times of their classes, because when there’s a class during a tournament every two weeks the class just gets delayed. But if there was a tournament every weekend, you can’t delay a class every single Saturday so the professor would need to completely change the time of their class.
There hasn't been a tournament stream since January and I don't think Media has intentions of doing any more at the moment. I do think that these tournaments would delay classes on Saturdays, so that definitely is a problem. One fix for this could be that flying and dueling would happen at 12 pm on Saturdays so professors would just have to schedule after the fact.

Being a normal tournament attendee, I feel like spreading out the tournaments makes it easier to focus on the tournament you're going to. On days where I go to flying and dueling It can get very busy trying to practice for dueling and flying at the same time.

I feel like spreading out tournaments comes with the same amount of pros as cons. In the end, it's up to the arena master's decision.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I feel like spreading out tournaments comes with the same amount of pros as cons. In the end, it's up to the arena master's decision.
Definitely agree with this. I feel like it could go either way and you both brought up valid points. I feel like this idea definitely could happen as long as the AMs and the staff team are able to adjust.

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello! I'll now bring up your idea to the poltergeists team so we can discuss it, thank you for your suggestion!

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello there! (sorry for the late!)

We've discussed your suggestion, and the arena masters liked your idea! Revelius update is going to change the schedule and your suggestion will be considered too! Thank you for taking your time on suggesting, as it means a ton to us!