DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Town Rep Task Exp Balance

Idris

Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Idris_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Drooble's Order Jr. Engineer
Hey PW,

Short and sweet, I think it would be a good idea to scale the experience you get from town reputation tasks with your player level. This may increase the foot traffic to towns and increase the number of reputation tasks being done rather than the alternative of a player under 80 sitting in trees grinding mobs.

For example, London Rep Tasks gives ~1k EXP at my current level (66). I kill one manticore, and it gives 7718 exp (written from a tree). So you can kill five manticores, and it gives roughly the same amount of exp that completing a few town rep tasks does, which takes more time than grinding in a tree.

I believe this would benefit the overall player experience.

Tang

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Tangular123
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator SPEW Store Manager Lead
Hello @Idris!

Thank you so much for sending in your thoughts on Reputation XP. While we understand the difficulty in levelling, we will not be pursuing this suggestion today. We don't believe that quests in London (which require easy tasks such as defeating level 30 mobs) should provide equal xp to more difficult tasks in higher-levelled towns. Tasks in higher-levelled towns often require materials which are harder to obtain, or the farming of mobs with much more health and damage.

We will continue looking into XP and ways we can improve our levelling system, including an in-depth review of the thread linked above too.

As always, thank you for your suggestion and please submit any others you can think of!