DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Trash can bag

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
many times I see people throwing papers or various objects on the ground because they have no desire / time to do / me therefore they throw objects on the ground unfortunately this server does not have an auto clean that deletes the objects from the ground but they remain there this makes the lago amuenti so it would be very nice to implement 1 of these 2 functions

1: Trash Can Bag = a bag you can open it whit right click and it open you the disposal

2: Auto cleaner = auto remove all the entity on the ground every 3 minutes

this thing will help to remove lag to server and player .

Nicolas.V

Graduate
you are sure many times it happens that I throw things on the ground at my house and come back after a while I fear 12/15 minutes are still there. perhaps it would be better to lower the time before cancellation to 2/3 minutes

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hi! Thank you for your idea - it's really appreciated!

We'll discuss this and get back to you with a response!

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
In normal worlds items clear after 1 minute of being dropped on the floor. The reason why housing items don't clear is that when no one is there the chunks don't load and the items aren't forced to despawn. The Trash Can Bag could be implemented as an item that an NPC sells you in Revelius though.

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
You can currently do /me to open up the disposal. Using the trash bag would be like using the current quest book instead of /q. If players are not currently using the disposal in /me then I doubt they'd use the trash bag to dispose of things either.

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
As Lily said, there's already pre-existing disposal under /me. It takes a very short amount of time, and would take approximately the same amount of time as going to your disposal would take. While it's a lovely idea, I feel like it isn't needed as we already have a similar system in place.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I don't know what benefit the quest book itself offers, maybe it was an item before /q and some players liked it so they decided to keep it? But the quest book mostly just takes up space in your inventory which could be avoided by simply doing /q and I think a disposal bag would do the same - I don't think many players would use it, especially of it costed gold to buy

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Sorry but are you suggesting a trash bag here, or a disposal command? I personally agree with what Daisy has said. I personally always use /q rather than a quest book. I used to have a quest book, but since I barely used it and /q became much more efficient, I threw it into disposal once. Disposal is incredibly easily accessed through /me - merely a 3-symbol command and one click is barely any work. Alternatively, if you have it turned on, shift-click opens the /me menu for you - this reduces the workload to a mere 2 clicks in order to get to disposal. That's barely anything and should only take a mere fraction of a second.

So yeah, personally I think this isn't really something the server needs. And with so many other ideas being "on hold", I personally believe the developers should put their time into more important additions to the server.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
my suggestion is to have a more simple disposal sistem for don't have lag sometimes i see people that trow stack of item on ground and people like me that don't live in the house where is situated the server there is a enormus lag (of server) i think people should have a better way to remove item because the lag is too high

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
The server isn't mainly lagging because of items being dropped on the floor. Items get removed within a minute of being dropped on the floor. Personally, I think the disposal in /me is simple enough and a trash bag would just serve as inventory space. Unless there are extra benefits or features from using the trash bag, I doubt many players would use it.

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
As Lily said, there's already pre-existing disposal under /me. It takes a very short amount of time, and would take approximately the same amount of time as going to your disposal would take. While it's a lovely idea, I feel like it isn't needed as we already have a similar system in place.
This is a good point. I don't think people are very aware that this system exists perhaps.

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hello! We've came to the conclusion that we will be declining this idea.

We won't be doing the "wave" item clearing system, as you could accidentally drop an item just before items are cleared. As mentioned by the others, we already have a system in place to clear items with a specific time per-item.

About the trash can item - we liked this idea and it is something that we might look into doing in future, but our focus is in other areas at the moment.