DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Tutorial Page

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
Yesterday I submitted a suggestion for the Wiki to be editable by all players. It was declined for the reason that it is supposed to be extremely official.

At the end of the Q&A, Flip made it sound like it would not be finished for months after Revelius. It's great that they want to create something, and I know that it will be an extremely long process, but it is not very good in my opinion to have the majority of the player base know little to nothing about the update when it comes out, and have no way of gaining knowledge except by experiencing it.

Therefore, I would like to propose a new forum section: Tutorials. This can allow players to submit information about the update (quests, gear, mob drops) so that we can all have a quick source of information in the months between the update and the wiki. When the wiki comes out, the section could just be deleted, but I think it's important for players to have some sort of source of information other than just asking players in-game.

Last edited:

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Yesterday I submitted a suggestion for the Wiki to be editable by all players. It was declined for the reason that it is supposed to be extremely official.

At the end of the Q&A, Flip made it sound like it would not be finished for months after Revelius. It's great that they want to create something, and I know that it will be an extremely long process, but it is not very good in my opinion to have the majority of the player base know little to nothing about the update when it comes out, and have no way of gaining knowledge except by experiencing it.

Therefore, I would like to propose a new forum section: Tutorials. This can allow players to submit information about the update (quests, gear, mob drops) so that we can all have a quick source of information in the months between the update and the wiki. When the wiki comes out, the section could just be deleted, but I think it's important for players to have some sort of source of information other than just asking players in-game.
I agree - I think in general having a source we could share questions and answers to the system's questing and gaming systems would be extremely beneficial. Most of the things the game just leaves you to find out for yourself and having a source here would help a lot of people - and get more people on the website which increases store purchases because they're more inclined to just click over and take a look what's available.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya, thanks for making a suggestion!
I will bring it up to the Poltergeist Team, discuss it with them and get back to you with a response.
Thanks again and have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again :D
After much discussion, we have unfortunately decided to decline this suggestion for the reason that we don't think it would be that useful and it would simply be another place we would have to moderate. We think that there are plenty of alternative ways players can get the help they need. If they want an immediate response, it would of course be most useful to ask in-game or on the discord, as on the forums it might take some time to get an answer. Generally, players can also read through the change and patch logs on the forums, as well as /help in game for some very useful information. We are also planning on releasing a wiki, hopefully soon, that will contain a lot of information as well.
Furthermore, if anyone would like to publish their own tutorials, guides or documents, feel free to do so in the appropriate sections of the forums, such as Community Help or General Discussion. Again, thank you for bringing your idea to us. We really appreciate it and hope you will make more suggestions in the future!
Enjoy your day!