DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Two related ideas

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
1) Have an npc you can duel in the dueling halls, and like maybe make it where u can choose which level it is, and what gear it wears depending on your level, bc it can be hard to find someone that matches u in level and gear sometimes, and this would be great for practice.
2) I'm thinking of having a singleplayer broom racing minigame, and you race against npc's, it will be great practice, and you don't have to wait a long time for people to fill up the broom racing game .

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
1) Have an npc you can duel in the dueling halls, and like maybe make it where u can choose which level it is, and what gear it wears depending on your level, bc it can be hard to find someone that matches u in level and gear sometimes, and this would be great for practice.
2) I'm thinking of having a singleplayer broom racing minigame, and you race against npc's, it will be great practice, and you don't have to wait a long time for people to fill up the broom racing game .
I like the first idea, it would be something like a boss battle I guess. And for the second idea, I believe they're actually adding some sort of that where you can practice flying on your own.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I don't know whether the tech currently would be able to do something like this, I doubt a life-like duelling NPC would be able to be created and I seriously doubt that a flying NPC would be able to be made. But don't take my word on it

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @Yellow_Flower!

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server and make it fun for all players! Personally, I find it to be very interesting if there was an NPC to duel and fly against for practice. I will bring this suggestion up to the rest of the Poltergeist team to discuss it further. After the Leadership team comes to a decision, I will return with a response.

Thank you again and I hope you have a lovely day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again @Yellow_Flower!

We have decided to decline this suggestion for a variety of reasons. Although we liked the idea of adding a Dueling NPC, we believe the amount of time and effort for the developers to invest in this could be used elsewhere, as we are currently focused on fixing gameplay issues and working on other projects. As for the Flying NPC, we do not think it would be very useful compared to the effort it could take to develop since flying is moreover memorizing the map and figuring out the best paths to take, which we believe an NPC would not help with. We think that having different opportunities to practice flying alone would be more beneficial, such as for example arena sessions or flying courses around the map.

We hope you understand this decision. Thank you again for sharing this suggestion with us! Have a nice day!