DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Unforgivable Curses

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Now that Hogwarts Legacy is out I think we can all agree that the unforgivable curses would be a pretty cool addition to potterworld. I see lots of new players ask about if you can get them in chat and that is consistent. The spells could be restricted to the world map and housing as it would be too overpowered in Classes etc and wouldnt fit canon or lore wise.

Since we already have lore names for them the implementation is the only thing left!
They could either be obtained by a long quest line or obtained by the soul merchant in the Serpents Housemasters room!

Just like in Hogwarts Legacy they would have a long cooldown maybe around the cooldown of Mordevox, Mayday and phoenix cry for Avada Kedavra and a little shorter one for Crucio and Imperio.

Crucio could work like it stuns the player and gives them wither effect.
Avada Kedavra would obviously Kill the player or mob instantly.
Imperio could be used like you can move the person around. This is already the normal "Force" spell in the magic plugin basically.

It would be really cool to have those spells and would add to the popularity of the server as people love the Unforgivables!

Sticktrees

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SmellyBigBro
Dark Follower Griffin
Now that Hogwarts Legacy is out I think we can all agree that the unforgivable curses would be a pretty cool addition to potterworld. I see lots of new players ask about if you can get them in chat and that is consistent. The spells could be restricted to the world map and housing as it would be too overpowered in Classes etc and wouldnt fit canon or lore wise.

Since we already have lore names for them the implementation is the only thing left!
They could either be obtained by a long quest line or obtained by the soul merchant in the Serpents Housemasters room!

Just like in Hogwarts Legacy they would have a long cooldown maybe around the cooldown of Mordevox, Mayday and phoenix cry for Avada Kedavra and a little shorter one for Crucio and Imperio.

Crucio could work like it stuns the player and gives them wither effect.
Avada Kedavra would obviously Kill the player or mob instantly.
Imperio could be used like you can move the person around. This is already the normal "Force" spell in the magic plugin basically.

It would be really cool to have those spells and would add to the popularity of the server as people love the Unforgivables!
THIS IS MAINLY FROM A DUELING POV AND MAINLY REFERS TO HOW IT WOULD EFFECT PVP. I think having the unforgivable curses implemented would be cool but, having an instant kill spell isn't balanced in any circumstance. Maybe they could add it as something blocked by regions in dueling, but Crucio and Imperio would probably be fine. Using Avada Kedavra being used on mobs is fine just not dueling. Please don't break the dueling meta. :)

EdenLovesMommy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: EdenLovesMommy
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
THIS IS MAINLY FROM A DUELING POV AND MAINLY REFERS TO HOW IT WOULD EFFECT PVP. I think having the unforgivable curses implemented would be cool but, having an instant kill spell isn't balanced in any circumstance. Maybe they could add it as something blocked by regions in dueling, but Crucio and Imperio would probably be fine. Using Avada Kedavra being used on mobs is fine just not dueling. Please don't break the dueling meta. :)
Brilliant as always sticktrees

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
If you read the first paragraph of my post I've mentioned restricting the spells or atleast the overpowered ones. This is easily possible for the GD team too as the magic plugin provides Worldguard flags to block certain spells in certain areas. But you are absolutely right!

Sticktrees

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SmellyBigBro
Dark Follower Griffin
If you read the first paragraph of my post I've mentioned restricting the spells or atleast the overpowered ones. This is easily possible for the GD team too as the magic plugin provides Worldguard flags to block certain spells in certain areas. But you are absolutely right!
Yeah mb I read most of it but, my brain shut off after I saw "Avada Kedavra would obviously Kill the player or mob instantly."

Ismo

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Ismoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hiya @HektorTM !

This suggestion has unfortunately been declined. We do not wish to be adding unforgivable curses to the game at this stage. Currently our aim is to stabilise our magic system and purely balance, instead of making new additions. We think that although there is interest in adding these spells, they would be extremely hard to balance. We would have trouble making the spell balanced for bosses, or farming mobs while still being 'unforgivable', and we wouldn't want it to be used in pvp as we think it would create a severe divide between those who could obtain the spells and who couldn't for duelling.

Regardless, thank you for your suggestion, and I hope you have a good rest of your day/night!