DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Voting Shop Gold

Awesome_Andy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Awesome_Andy1234
Raven
Currently, buying gold from the voting shop gives the same gold as buying ac from the voting shop and exchanging it to gold. This makes ac objectively better as it can also be exchanged for xp. I believe that the gold gotten from the voting shop needs to be more as by buying gold directly you sacrifice also being able to get xp from it.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I’m not sure about this. The advantage of gold is that it’s more efficient - you don’t need to get the ac then trade it to gold. Also, don’t you think it would be weird if you got more gold by immediately trading voting tokens for gold than trading for ac then gold? It seems to muddle up/confuse the whole exchange rate

Brandon_Everard

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Thrashaba
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I disagree on this. The AC to gold and Voting Token to gold is the same on purpose I believe and that should not be changed. They should be equal. One cannot be the more than the other as then a new forum post would be made saying it's not fair that AC gives less gold than voting, even if both are important.

AC is the better exchange rate one hundred percent, I agree with you there but I always saw that gold exchange being there for the lvl 80's that don't need the xp anymore nor want any of the cosmetics. The 100 gold (I think that is the exchange off the top of my head) is not meant for a player to get rich off of it, but it does build up over time. I have seen some people exchange some insane AC numbers for gold in the past.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Awesome_Andy, Honey_Dwarf & Edwin! Thank you three for leaving your suggestion and feedback. By getting opinions from multiple perspectives, it gives us a good idea of your thoughts, so we can make Potterworld even more magical!

I'll bring the proposed change to my fellow Poltergeists, so we can discuss it before it's brought up to the relevant team. I'll be back here once we have a response, so hang tight! Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Awesome_Andy, and others who left their feedback,

Apologies for the delay. I have returned with our decision. Unfortunately, the suggestion has been declined. If we were to increase the amount of gold when buying it with Voting Tokens, we feel that it would confuse the exchange ratio compared to Voting Tokens > AC > Gold. We believe that this should stay the same, as it is currently balanced.

If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out and I wish you a wonderful day! :)