DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

wand wood/core.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
I think this would be very useful, as we could customize our wand, according to whatever we would like or what fits our personality best. I think this could be an item buyable from the store, similar to a wand rename, and it could change the wand wood/core once.

Metal

Magician
Minecraft IGN: metalman63
Griffin
Yea! thanks for your support! I also think it would be cool to add a mini GUI along with the spells on our profile on the site to show off our wand details. I also think would have some sort of an RP aspect for players to enjoy.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
In the Revelius Q&A, Flip mentioned something about how players would have to locate materials and then give them to an NPC that would craft those materials into an item... what if they made it so that players could do this with their wands too?

For example, in Revelius Herbology, players would have to harvest items around the map - what if players had to harvest a certain type of tree for their wood and then find a mob to harvest the core. This could be in a small area - lets call it the Wand World - where all of the different trees and mobs are located, but the mobs would be passive.
After they find the two items that they like, they go to a Wand Maker NPC that crafts the wand for them.

To add to the above, maybe they could add this to the new player sorting area where they can have the option to create their own wand where they would be teleported to Wand World or... they could just go the old fashioned way of getting a random wand from the Wand Shop. If the new players choose to get customize their wand, they would harvest those two items, then go to a Wand Maker NPC who crafts the wand, whilst the player continues on through the sorting area.

Also, to add to this Wand World - If the mobs are passive, then maybe make a parkour course for high tiered mobs like the phoenix, dragon, or unicorn.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Yea I think that would be really cool! I would also want a method for veteran players to customize their wand wood and core as well.
They could probably go through the same process, but with additional gold and maybe a monthly cooldown if they plan to change wood cores. Or turn it into a detailed quest where the player lost their wand in the forest or broke it due to a mob or after they killed a boss.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
They could just add the ability to choose your wand wood and core when you receive your wand, and give players who already received their wand the option to do so by going to the wand shop and paying gold or possibly Potterpoints to change their core.

It definitely wouldn't be as interesting or as creative as anything you suggested, but would probably be much easier to implement.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
One way they could implement this is by making the wand components like a talent system that can be accessed in the /me menu or in a wandmaker's shop.

One example could be that cores would boost a certain type of spell category.
e.g. Unicorn Hair boosts healing spells, Dragon Heartstring boosts combative spells, Phoenix Feather boosts defensive spells.

I'm most in favor of this option because for one, it's not really hard to implement as it would just be GUIs. Secondly, it's more relevant to the player in the long run. In RPGs, the gameplay mechanics are always going to over vanity.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
One way they could implement this is by making the wand components like a talent system that can be accessed in the /me menu or in a wandmaker's shop.

One example could be that cores would boost a certain type of spell category.
e.g. Unicorn Hair boosts healing spells, Dragon Heartstring boosts combative spells, Phoenix Feather boosts defensive spells.

I'm most in favor of this option because for one, it's not really hard to implement as it would just be GUIs. Secondly, it's more relevant to the player in the long run. In RPGs, the gameplay mechanics are always going to over vanity.
Yeah, that's a simple way of doing it, but I feel like doing it that way would make players lose out on a sort of physical experience on the server where they would gather the wand wood and core. Giving players that sort of customized, individual experience when choosing their own wand items would be amazing though.

Metal

Magician
Minecraft IGN: metalman63
Griffin
Magma! I pitched a similar idea about a year ago, but I had pushback from staff saying it would over complicate the current system, but I think with the introduction of revelius pt2 I think it could really fit.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello! Thanks for making a suggestion for our server!
I will now discuss your idea with the rest of the Poltergeist team, so that we can get back to you as soon as possible with a response.
Have a magical day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Hello again @Metal (and everyone else who commented),

Thank you for bringing up your suggestion to us and discussing it in a constructive way!
Unfortunately, we will have to decline this idea because we don't have the tech to make this possible. While we loved this idea and found it very interesting, it's not really do-able at the moment. If we are able to get the tech, we'd also rather go with a wand quiz, rather than allow players to choose their own wands because after all "the wand chooses the wizard". This would make giving various materials various buffs a bit more complicated, since players wouldn't be able to directly choose their wand.

Nevertheless, thanks again and have a wonderful day!