DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Wand woods and cores

Courtneyx

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Courtneyx
Auralock Phoenix Raven Vampire
I think it would be nice if we could customize our wand woods and cores to match those we got on Pottermore. I'm not sure if it is possible but having everything as close as what I got originally would be cool. There could be a wand wood and wand core option to buy from the store. If it is not possible to change wand woods and cores, it's not the end of the world. I just prefer to play my games that way because it feels more personal to me.

Last edited:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I think this was already suggested before but my take on it is that a wand chooses the wizard and this shouldn't be something that you get to pick. It's just a cool little feature to make everyone unique

Courtneyx

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Courtneyx
Auralock Phoenix Raven Vampire
I think this was already suggested before but my take on it is that a wand chooses the wizard and this shouldn't be something that you get to pick. It's just a cool little feature to make everyone unique
I just meant that this could be a feature for those of us who would like it to match what we got. They could still keep the randomized wand thing but if someone wanted to make their wand like the one they got off Pottermore I think it would be a good idea just to have. I'm not sure if anyone else would like for this to be a thing but it would just be nice in my opinion.

(Make it like a store purchase feature to change the wood or the core to someones liking)

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
The sorting hat is never wrong and doesn't allow changing the houses. It's words are always final.

Yet you can resort for a small fee in the shop... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ivan_

Professor
The sorting hat is never wrong and doesn't allow changing the houses. It's words are always final.

Yet you can resort for a small fee in the shop... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes but we don't have a sorting that decides, you do a quiz. And if you ask me, I would remove resort tokens as well - they make sense for me only at start if you're still figuring stuff out or didn't realize what the quiz was about - everything after that is only abuse, whenever if it's for tournaments or house cup.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Yes but we don't have a sorting that decides, you do a quiz. And if you ask me, I would remove resort tokens as well - they make sense for me only at start if you're still figuring stuff out or didn't realize what the quiz was about - everything after that is only abuse, whenever if it's for tournaments or house cup.
we have even less of a 'sorting' for wands though - it's literally random. What I'd most like would be a short quiz to determine a wand for each player, and I think it makes sense to be able to change your wand to actually better fit you

Ivan_

Professor
we have even less of a 'sorting' for wands though - it's literally random. What I'd most like would be a short quiz to determine a wand for each player, and I think it makes sense to be able to change your wand to actually better fit you
At the end of the day, If you want to change something that was randomly given to all of us, sure. I'm just saying personally, I find it fitting that it's random and that you can't change it - it's just a cool Easter egg.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Courtneyx!!

Thank you for your suggestion! We're always looking for new ways to improve the servers game play. I'm now going to bring your suggestion up to the rest of the Poltergeist team to discuss this further. Once a decision has been made, I'll be back with an answer! So keep an eye out on this thread B)

Thank you again, and I hope you have a wonderful day:serpent:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello again @Courtneyx !!

Unfortunately, suggestion has been declined mainly due to technical limitations. Wand lore can only be adjusted manually, so the only way to allow players to customise somewhat would be to define every possible combination of wand wood, length and core, which would be an insane amount of work and not something we want to do as there are other priorities. Additionally, we could not even offer players the exact same wand woods & cores as Pottermore, given that due to the WB C&D we had to rework the wand cores.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion. I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: