DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

"Wandless" Magic

What do you think?

• Total voters

Awesome_Andy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Awesome_Andy1234
Raven
I have "recently" seen a post about wandless magic. However, it got declined because it could not be performed with the current technology. Therefore, I suggest an alternative that I think will work. But before that, BIG thanks to Scoobydoolego https://potterworldmc.com/members/scoobydoolego.5587/ for discussing this idea with me. So, my suggestion is to add an apperence to the store (or make a quest/shop npc) that makes the wand invisible. Scoobydoolego also suggested an apperence that makes magic "particles" around your hand. This would still keep the wand item while making it look like wandless magic! Thanks for reading my suggestion. And good~~~ bye!

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I agree that an appearance (or non-appearance) of wandless magic would be cool, but would it give any sort of advantage to the player, since other players wouldn't be able to see whther or not you're holding a wand? I'm not sure if it would give an advantage, it's just a possibility

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I agree that an appearance (or non-appearance) of wandless magic would be cool, but would it give any sort of advantage to the player, since other players wouldn't be able to see whther or not you're holding a wand? I'm not sure if it would give an advantage, it's just a possibility

Yeh I thought that - as long as the effect given to your hands is obvious enough - like wand effects or glowing texture or something - just needs to be more visable than a sonic screwdriver or crystal ball really

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Greetings and thank you for sharing your idea with us!
I will mention your suggestion to the other Poltergeists and we will inform you of our decision.
Have a magical day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
After discussing your suggestion, we have unfortunately come to the decision to decline it. This has multiple reasons. First of all, we cannot use actual minecraft particles in our models, so we would not be able to implement that. If we made a model, as you have also suggested, it would likely not be very detailed and the quality would be fairly poor, because it would be quite simple as it wouldn't be an actual wand after all. Based on this and the other trends with purchases on the store, we do not think many players would buy this as they would rather buy more detailed, more visible and more interesting actual wand appearances.
We also do not think this idea would fit into our server or with the other releases on our store, as it is not exactly a a wand appearance. It isn't quite a wand appearance and in Harry Potter Lore, wandless magic is a very advanced and difficult art that is difficult to master, so it wouldn't make much sense to have everyone be able to do this.
Furthermore, this wand could technically confuse or even give advantages to players in PvP, for example if they are not aware their opponent is holding a wand or if they think it is a spell or whatnot.
Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion to us and build upon the original suggestion. We hope you will make more suggestions in the future, as we really appreciate them!
Thank you and have a wonderful day!