DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Warp Bag Update

Jake Cresswell

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: jake_ft
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator Jr. Professor SPEW Sr. Architect Store Intern Drooble's Order Lead
The warp bag is a really helpful item for getting to quests, especially with the extra warp slot purchased. Despite this, I often find myself using my warp to the Great Hall to get to other places such as events, and then once there I cannot return due to my warp being on cooldown. For example, in Castelomagia if you want a quick way back to the great hall after collecting the daily snowflakes you must walk to the nearest Kevin NPC.

I think it would be a good idea to add the event locations to the warp bag, and they would be removed once the event was over. In addition to this, I think the camps in the deep forest should be added as locations that you can set your warp bag to. This would be helpful for those in year 7, who repeatedly have to navigate the forest without any compass or warps to use.

If these additional locations were added, it would be helpful to have a third (purchasable) slot to set an additional warp location. This would keep the amount of slots even in the bag, as you would have:

Set Warp to current location button

permanent Great Hall warp

Temporary Event warp

Warp slot 1

Warp slot 2 (purchasable)

Warp slot 3 (purchasable for higher price)

Jake Cresswell

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator Jr. Professor SPEW Sr. Architect Store Intern Drooble's Order Lead
I'd drop the "purchaseable" option for the event warp and just put it there by default, great way to promote the event and get more people to participate
Yeah definitely, as I showed in the table the purchaseable slot would be a third normal slot, with the event one seperate and for free, similarly to the permanent Hogsworth warp.

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I really like this idea, especially the part where you suggested the camps in the deep forest should be warpable places.
I was constantly debating on whether to actually do these quests or not as I had to fly across the entire forest and back constantly and it got really annoying. I think adding the options to set the warp there would help players out a LOT as you don't get anything to warp you back to these camps.

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
Like others before, I'd be very interested in seeing such changes being implemented ! While I'm all in for the allegiance camps in the forest and an event warp (or possibly a warpkey you receive each event that disappears when it ends), I would refrain on the third warp slot. There are more and more ways of going around the map now and getting a third slot might just render the other methods less appealing (e.g. floo).​

Last edited:

Jake Cresswell

Notable Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Like others before, I'd be very interested in seeing such changes being implemented ! While I'm all in for the allegiance camps in the forest and an event warp (or possibly a warpkey you receive each event that disappears when it ends), I would refrain on the third warp slot. There are more and more ways of going around the map now and getting a third slot might just render the other methods less appealing (e.g. floo).​
I totally agree that it would effect the other methods usage, but if camps were added alongside the third slot then many high level people (who would be the ones with the gold to purchase the third slot) would likely use the warp slot to warp to the allegiance camps, which are not accessible through any transport except the links between them. Also, many locations would still not be warpable with only 3 warp slots, so fire dust would still be used to get to towns that a user does not have a warp point set at. Also, fire dust is very expensive so I rarely use it anyway.

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
I totally agree that it would effect the other methods usage, but if camps were added alongside the third slot then many high level people (who would be the ones with the gold to purchase the third slot) would likely use the warp slot to warp to the allegiance camps, which are not accessible through any transport except the links between them. Also, many locations would still not be warpable with only 3 warp slots, so fire dust would still be used to get to towns that a user does not have a warp point set at. Also, fire dust is very expensive so I rarely use it anyway.
In that way, I do agree. Perhaps it could be unlocked when you reach a certain level instead of unlocking it with gold to make sure that lower levels don’t rush for it and reduce the amount of exploration they do ?

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @jake_ft! On behalf of the poltergeist team I thank you for your suggestion! We're always looking for new ways to expand players in game experience! I totally understand how frustrating it can be, especially for locates without a warp.
I'm going to bring your suggestion up to the rest of the team to discuss this further! Once we've come to a decision, I'll return with an answer for you, so keep an eye on this thread :cool: Once again thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day!:serpent:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hihi again @jake_ft!!

This suggestion has been accepted, as we really like this idea! We'll be adding a new feature of functionality of the warp key in the future for travel, but the initial idea mentioned is not specifically what we will be doing. For the event slot, we will be adding an easier way for players to travel to and from events to make it more convenient for players.

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hello @jake_ft

This suggestion has now been completed! We have added an event warp slot a while ago, and more recently a Reputation warp slot which can be obtained through the town rewards.

Thank you once again for your suggestion Jake, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night!