DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Ways to improve potterworld, Cuppo ft. not_ponzi style - music

Not_Ponzi

Magician
Minecraft IGN: P0nz1an1
Phoenix Raven
Good day Potterworld!!

Heres several ideas my brain has been pushing lately for the server to enhance experience for players, I'm not the greatest player when it comes to parkour, minigames, dueling, or brooms.

When it's about magic:music or keyboard sync for .ogg or :midi I'm kinda rig, ngl.
I lost all of you
The dichotomy expressed above is for ppl like that works with plugins like devs or server owner. who are using our way of thinking audio, with a noteblock converter. that makes you play either a jukebox with minecraft sounds instead of importing .ogg on the resourcepack. So a server SHOULD do both for the following reasons.

What happen If you use a resourcepack to play audio arpeggios on ocarina as the only instrument on a server:
  1. it interfere with sound frequency that are audible when ppl play Itunes or whatever.

reasonning: Unless were speaking of the theme of Harry Potter in .ogg (which is the coolest tribute we can have), the harp shouldnt be touched at all, never ever unless u add a gui to play some theme but the lenght of .ogg would be too heavy so we better simply play one theme with it.

What I'm referring to is simply ppl who play itunes or whatever audio on top of the music, we use the same frequencies. so it's harassing for instruments to pop the bubble of that last Lana del rey song playing for that dear player who wants calm and quiet... when Luis_Ponzi makes it to the final with heuh, despacito for example. Its strident, annoying offbeat...

Another thing very useful will be explained in the following point,, why is the audio instruments so offbeat to play blank notes when youlearn to play it... why is it a gitchy instrument...

2. It interfere with magic
    That says it. Resourcepack is GPU based, GPU is pandemicaly impossible to get for 2 reasons;
    bitcoin mining, and pandemy. Try to get a good custom pc in 2021, might just not happen, extended shipping up to 6 months. So no computer for me,... But the thing is The ocarina, All i'm gonna say, is Right there, my argument is: Mipmap level, boom I said it, ok I'm a genius. long story short, Its magical and if ppl cast spell or enter chunks, magic floats with it,it fluctuates your/ping because magic relys on the graphic card of noobs computers like mine.

3. Therefore, it interfere with dueling
    Yeah resourcepack plays on your end, audio is resourcepack, and launch small events that plays a myriad of .ogg on your gpu. On midi, u could just turn noteblock sound off and it would do the same. magic lags spell casting and vice versa. theyre bound, like a ping on a radar if theyre bound theyre synchronised if 1000000000 notes are being played per hour. they are, they lag simultaneously. they make your computer GPU go more they ping, the magic listen, emit. but they dont record event much, so its not a lagmachine.

4. What should be done then?
    use MIDI signal and shut noteblocks off on escape menu, u'll still hear PW theme.

5. This spigot plugin is an example but your version can do it as much as 1.17.1:
    ===SPOILER===

6. Respect others’ ideas and give only constructive criticism where needed.
    All you need is love,

7. Add instruments instead of removing some
    a- Make the ocarina sellable for gold and keepable, so is the uke
    b- Make the drops from broom drops for the Instruments that will use midi signal and look the code.
    c- Plugin source code can be asked, u can do whatever with it, even your own music plugin if u have a free dev
    d- Make something midi based, and craftable, and make the ART FAIR seasonal event back on track
    e- Make winneable custom instruments skin once a year,
    f- You have at least 16 instruments different voices of minecraft (ooo - aaa - bell sound - chimes- banjo - guitar - bassdrum - elec bass - snare - etc so on ...)
    • xtra features would be to use the midi signal for music and the magic ocarina to be if those notes play in a row u can unlock stuff with ocarina, password ocarina is currently implemented if I recall Right? !! so noitem thrown away!!!
      Ocarina stays you only add 16 instruments.... that arent magic based but midi sync.

AGAIN, use MIDI signal and shut noteblocks off on escape menu, u'll still hear PW theme.

8. use the trend of servers to rise music lately and enjoy your new depth of metagame drops for some Character:levels that drops too quickly

Prevents obtaining gold from drops, Prevents fast levelling-up at certain level and add a graduate metagame.

Examples of models, I bet you guys could do better! Could be worked.png
Its in your hand!

Last edited:

EdenLovesMommy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: EdenLovesMommy
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
Good day Potterworld!!

Heres several ideas my brain has been pushing lately for the server to enhance experience for players, I'm not the greatest player when it comes to parkour, minigames, dueling, or brooms.

When it's about magic:music or keyboard sync for .ogg or :midi I'm kinda rig, ngl.
I lost all of you
The dichotomy expressed above is for ppl like that works with plugins like devs or server owner. who are using our way of thinking audio, with a noteblock converter. that makes you play either a jukebox with minecraft sounds instead of importing .ogg on the resourcepack. So a server SHOULD do both for the following reasons.

What happen If you use a resourcepack to play audio arpeggios on ocarina as the only instrument on a server:
  1. it interfere with sound frequency that are audible when ppl play Itunes or whatever.

reasonning: Unless were speaking of the theme of Harry Potter in .ogg (which is the coolest tribute we can have), the harp shouldnt be touched at all, never ever unless u add a gui to play some theme but the lenght of .ogg would be too heavy so we better simply play one theme with it.

What I'm referring to is simply ppl who play itunes or whatever audio on top of the music, we use the same frequencies. so it's harassing for instruments to pop the bubble of that last Lana del rey song playing for that dear player who wants calm and quiet... when Luis_Ponzi makes it to the final with heuh, despacito for example. Its strident, annoying offbeat...

Another thing very useful will be explained in the following point,, why is the audio instruments so offbeat to play blank notes when youlearn to play it... why is it a gitchy instrument...

2. It interfere with magic
    That says it. Resourcepack is GPU based, GPU is pandemicaly impossible to get for 2 reasons;
    bitcoin mining, and pandemy. Try to get a good custom pc in 2021, might just not happen, extended shipping up to 6 months. So no computer for me,... But the thing is The ocarina, All i'm gonna say, is Right there, my argument is: Mipmap level, boom I said it, ok I'm a genius. long story short, Its magical and if ppl cast spell or enter chunks, magic floats with it,it fluctuates your/ping because magic relys on the graphic card of noobs computers like mine.

3. Therefore, it interfere with dueling
    Yeah resourcepack plays on your end, audio is resourcepack, and launch small events that plays a myriad of .ogg on your gpu. On midi, u could just turn noteblock sound off and it would do the same. magic lags spell casting and vice versa. theyre bound, like a ping on a radar if theyre bound theyre synchronised if 1000000000 notes are being played per hour. they are, they lag simultaneously. they make your computer GPU go more they ping, the magic listen, emit. but they dont record event much, so its not a lagmachine.

4. What should be done then?
    use MIDI signal and shut noteblocks off on escape menu, u'll still hear PW theme.

5. This spigot plugin is an example but your version can do it as much as 1.17.1:
    ===SPOILER===

6. Respect others’ ideas and give only constructive criticism where needed.
    All you need is love,

7. Add instruments instead of removing some
    a- Make the ocarina sellable for gold and keepable, so is the uke
    b- Make the drops from broom drops for the Instruments that will use midi signal and look the code.
    c- Plugin source code can be asked, u can do whatever with it, even your own music plugin if u have a free dev
    d- Make something midi based, and craftable, and make the ART FAIR seasonal event back on track
    e- Make winneable custom instruments skin once a year,
    f- You have at least 16 instruments different voices of minecraft (ooo - aaa - bell sound - chimes- banjo - guitar - bassdrum - elec bass - snare - etc so on ...)
    • xtra features would be to use the midi signal for music and the magic ocarina to be if those notes play in a row u can unlock stuff with ocarina, password ocarina is currently implemented if I recall Right? !! so noitem thrown away!!!
      Ocarina stays you only add 16 instruments.... that arent magic based but midi sync.

AGAIN, use MIDI signal and shut noteblocks off on escape menu, u'll still hear PW theme.
  8. use the trend of servers to rise music lately and enjoy your new depth of metagame drops for some Character:levels that drops too quickly

Prevents obtaining gold from drops, Prevents fast levelling-up at certain level and add a graduate metagame.

Examples of models, I bet you guys could do better! View attachment 1995
Its in your hand!
POZI YOU AR BRILLIANT SMART INTELLECTUAL I LOVW YOU PONZI I DIDNT READ IT BUT I AGREE WITH WHATEVER YOU SAY

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello @Not_Ponzi!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration on making this suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server for all players! At this time, I will bring up this suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist team go into further discussion. After that, it will be brought up to the Leadership team, and once they have reached a final decision, I will return with a response as soon as possible.

Hope you have a good day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya again @Not_Ponzi!

Apologies for the long wait! After carefully discussing this suggestion with the Leadership team, they have decided to decline it, unfortunately. Regarding music/sounds on the server, our current system makes it so that it lets us control the pitch of them. Additionally, we have some instrument sounds that are custom, but we aren't looking to add more due to them taking up space in the resource pack. Regarding introducing new instruments, this is something we may be interested in if we find a way to fit it into active gameplay, like the Pan Flute from the Valentine's 2022 Event, but for now, this suggestion is not something we are looking into.

We hope that you understand this decision, and if you have any further thoughts or feedback regarding this suggestion, feel free to send them here! Thank you again for creating this suggestion and have a good day!