DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Will We Ever Get "Jobs" For Post-Graduation Fun?

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Will we ever get a level cap expansion and some sort of post-graduation content? Because you graduate at 71 I think it'd be awesome to be able to be an Auror, Magizooligist, or any of the other awesome "jobs" from the Harry Potter Universe.

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
Well, we currently have the Professions Cooking, Potions, and Herbology. And a lot more coming our way for Revelius with more professions and a better reward system. There will be plenty for us graduates to do, there is also going to be plenty of quests and places for us to explore! :)

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Will we ever get a level cap expansion and some sort of post-graduation content? Because you graduate at 71 I think it'd be awesome to be able to be an Auror, Magizooligist, or any of the other awesome "jobs" from the Harry Potter Universe.
Just out of curiosity, what would you like for a 'job' to be and to entail? It's best if suggestions that involve gameplay actually suggest how it can be done and what it includes - it would give others a much better idea of what you're thinking!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Just out of curiosity, what would you like for a 'job' to be and to entail? It's best if suggestions that involve gameplay actually suggest how it can be done and what it includes - it would give others a much better idea of what you're thinking!
Well, we currently have the Professions Cooking, Potions, and Herbology. And a lot more coming our way for Revelius with more professions and a better reward system. There will be plenty for us graduates to do, there is also going to be plenty of quests and places for us to explore! :)
Mostly I was thinking about the kind of career paths the game Wizards Unite kind of brings. It would go along with the skill trees you guys are creating too. You could be an actual auror for the ministry chasing down random encounter named NPCs like a bounty hunter type situation, you could be a muggle studies agent out gathering muggle artifacts and helping the wizarding world understand their counterparts (and making some magical adjustments to utilize these fun finds), a magizooligist which would allow you to track down creatures that escape from the ministry - or even a zoo that you work with to preserve the animals and they break out every now and then to keep it fresh and exciting.

With these would include a level increase and a lot of experience to be gained from mastering these jobs that would only be available after graduation, because a student isn't prepared fully to handle these situations in the wizarding world! It would also kind of serve as a "house" system for graduates that could create a new class for games.

--- Game Tiers ---

General = Everyone plays with everyone! (Leaderboards for the Server)
Students = All students enrolled in Hogwarts (Griffin, Serpent, Badger, Raven) for the House Cup
Graduates = Graduates following their chosen wizarding career (Magizooligist, Auror, Muggle Studies) for Ministry Department Recognition

It would really raise the potential of the future of the game because it gives something to be earned for sticking to it and finishing your schooling!

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
I think what you're suggesting would work better as professions rather than a separate thing. The Magizoologist is already being planned to be added as a profession after Revelius. I think it would also fit the lore better because you don't just start learning Magizoology or Muggle Studies when you graduate; wizards would learn them at Hogwarts as they progress, which is reflected by professions being tied to player levels.

With your idea of adding an Auror job, I remember them mentioning in the Q&A that eventually there would be allegiance based quests (i.e. you could choose to be good and get quests by the Ministry or join the Dark Followers). From what I can tell, this sounds sort of similar to what you are suggesting.

At the end, you stated that it could raise the future potential of Potterworld because it gives Graduates something to do. I agree that Graduates have very little to do right now, and it is often extremely boring for me to play because I don't have any way to progress. However, I do believe that the Revelius Update will fix it to some extent. From what we know so far, it seems like quests will keep people occupied for the first couple of months. After that, it looks like trying to gather the best gear and brooms will be the goal. Hopefully, by that time there will be some kind of addition to the server. I believe it is about 10 months from the Exploration Update to the Revelius Update. Keep in mind that the Revelius Update is a huge overhaul of many key aspects of the server such as professions and spell progression, not to mention a gigantic map and over 70 quests. With that kind of timeline, I'm expecting the first expansion to the Revelius Update to be out within the first few months, before people become too bored. If consistent updates happen every few months, then I can't really see boredom becoming much of a problem. Currently, much of the dissatisfaction and dullness that Graduates experience is caused by the fact that we haven't received a major update in almost a year, so if there are more common updates it won't be as much of a problem.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I like your Idea! I would say there are "Professions" and The Aurorlock, Dark Follower or Pheonix Role Plays - Which I guess Aurorlock is a Job :) to expand on later game play in terms of "Jobs" is a good idea with a little structure :)

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Zandathalion,
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion for Potterworld. We are always looking for ways to improve and better the server so player suggestions and feedback are very important to us!
Unfortunately, we will be declining your suggestion. While jobs can be an interesting form of gameplay they can also get tedious. We might look into this, however, our priorities are currently elsewhere.
Furthermore, we plan on releasing other forms of gameplay and continue adding content such as quests to the world in the future.
Thanks again and have a wonderful day!