DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

WizPe skips!

arne ☾

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: tqrpiar
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lead Lore Master Lead
Hello hello!

As we all know WizPe often has it's own added trivia which earns a player a skip!
I, myself, am a player who tends to finish the course early in time, meaning I can still win a skip but have to give it away
It's not really an issue for me to do so, but my main issue resides with the picking a member

People who have finished the parkour and are more known members (often other older players or staff members) tend to boost each other and only give each other skips, this doesn't give any other member a chance of winning one

Now, many could say 'just win the skip yourself', I do think it's a hard issue
Members will try to pressure you into giving it to other people that they know, which I don't find fun at all

This is where my request comes in, possibly add a randomiser or give it to the people entire earliest on the parkour!
This means that the people don't get to choose the skip they've rightfully earned, meaning there will be no people working together and stops from the same people getting boosted in the map

Gifting the skip to members who aren't that well known with others can always turn someone very happy, I've regularly had people really thank me for that skip, and I want it to happen more!
It's overall just unfortunate that well known members only give away their skips to other well known members, so I think it'd be a nice change :)

Thank you!

Last edited:

corainth

Magician
Minecraft IGN: mothie_
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
yeah I mean personally I avoid wiz pe at all costs because it frustrates me to no end and while asking someone to pick is exciting and all, the randomizer would be more exciting and more fair. at least then everyone has an equal chance of winning it.

that or only give the skip to the person who answered the question

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @shqnsuke!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration to create your suggestion! I’ll bring it up to the staff team and send a response to you as soon as possible!

Have a great day!

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I mean, of course well-known players are going to choose well-known players because they will have known each other for longer and they do deserve to give the skip, because whilst it may be making other people sad that they don't get it, it's making the other well-known player happy. I honestly think that the only problem with something like this would be when someone that has finished is winning the trivia over and over again (which if that is happening, I understand just ignoring the person is the best option), I think apart from that, the person who got the answer right should be able to choose someone to give it to and if their friend wants it, they should give it to their friend. Personally, I think a randomiser would just be way too confusing and unnecessary as their is already a good solution which is just ignoring the people who have finished the course already,

arne ☾

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: tqrpiar
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lead Lore Master Lead
I mean, of course well-known players are going to choose well-known players because they will have known each other for longer and they do deserve to give the skip, because whilst it may be making other people sad that they don't get it, it's making the other well-known player happy. I honestly think that the only problem with something like this would be when someone that has finished is winning the trivia over and over again (which if that is happening, I understand just ignoring the person is the best option), I think apart from that, the person who got the answer right should be able to choose someone to give it to and if their friend wants it, they should give it to their friend. Personally, I think a randomiser would just be way too confusing and unnecessary as their is already a good solution which is just ignoring the people who have finished the course already,
See, while I get where you're coming from I just find it unfair to a lot of other players who aren't as well known in the server? There's a lot of different "groups" in PW that just choose to boost each other, and I feel like it takes away the fun from a lot of other players
I've talked to other people about this and people that are regularly already finished really early on in Wiz PE, and most agreed that people who are simply done with the parkour don't get the trivia skip and give it to the person that answered the skip second (someone that's still in the parkour)

I personally just don't see an use for people that have finished to get the skip, to me it just turns into "who can bribe the person best" and it's no fun, because getting so many different pms of people forcing me to give them their skip just loses it's fun

At this point I've stopped answering the trivia myself because I just don't want to deal with it, so that's mainly why I made this :) Some profs used to give it to a random person which is just my personal preference

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
See, while I get where you're coming from I just find it unfair to a lot of other players who aren't as well known in the server? There's a lot of different "groups" in PW that just choose to boost each other, and I feel like it takes away the fun from a lot of other players
I've talked to other people about this and people that are regularly already finished really early on in Wiz PE, and most agreed that people who are simply done with the parkour don't get the trivia skip and give it to the person that answered the skip second (someone that's still in the parkour)

I personally just don't see an use for people that have finished to get the skip, to me it just turns into "who can bribe the person best" and it's no fun, because getting so many different pms of people forcing me to give them their skip just loses it's fun

At this point I've stopped answering the trivia myself because I just don't want to deal with it, so that's mainly why I made this :) Some profs used to give it to a random person which is just my personal preference
Ye, I mean, personally I think just ignoring everyone who has finished the course is the best solution because then if you are picking randomly then there is not really any purpose for the finished person to answer the trivia and instead makes it unfair on the people who answered after the person who should be more legible than someone picked from random but yeah and though I haven't been stressed about people asking me to give a skip, I can see how people are but sometimes it is confusing as different professors do different things (or atleast they did a bit ago, I haven't been to wiz PE in a while)

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello again @tqrpiar!

I'd like to inform you that this suggestion has unfortunately been declined. Most professors tend to do their skips in WizPE differently, so this change would mean that each professor would need their way of skips to be the same, and we want to avoid telling professors how to run their classes. Making it so that only players nearer to the beginning of the course are able to get skips would be unfair to those who are nearing the end of the course. Also, professors don't need to give skips out during WizPE, as this is completely their own choice. Additionally, those who win skips would have their skips taken away from them, when they should really choose what happens with the skip they earned. Everyone still has a chance to win a skip by participating in trivia.

Thank you again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a lovely day!