DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Year 1 Quest: Dueling

Tuna2

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Tuna2
Griffin
Since you duel mobs later it would be easier for year 1's to learn how to duel combat before they leave Hogsworth on an adventure like teach the 1st years which spells to use in a duel and talk about spell trees and then after that is done they will face an npc who the same year as them and you vs the npc he or she in a duel of having 150 or lower health then after you beat the npc in combat then you can complete the quest and can come back here anytime after that to learn how to duel again.

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Great idea! I think this quest could also touch on how to access the second spellbar and ways to casts a spell with scrolling or pressing the number key on your keyboard.
The reward for this quest could also be a gear item. Make it so the storyline could be that the dueling NPC would give you gear if you defeat them. What would be neat is if the item was named based on the player's house but just change the house name and keep the gear with the same stats on all four houses.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @Tuna2!

Thank you for taking the time to create your suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server and make it exciting and fair for all players! We have decided to accept your suggestion, as this is something we're looking into since we're planning on reworking First Year Quests. You will be able to find out more about it, as well as other sneak peaks from the other GD teams, at the Game Design Q&A on August 1st at 1pm PST, which you can read more about here!

Thank you again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a nice day!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @Tuna2 !

I'm happy to give an update on this matter! The new first-year quest Wands at the Ready goes through how to use your wand and using combat spells. It even includes an example of a duel. Therefore this suggestion is now complete.

Thank you again for the suggestion and I hope you have a fantastic day/night!