DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Year 7 - Curse Breaker Quest

heyitslena

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: heyitslena
Staff Potterwatch Streamer Raven Master Arithmancer
So, i'm on the Year 7 - Curse Breaker quest and i'm finding it difficult to do the flying part. It's tricky to fly though the area with the cobwebs and the caves. I also think the course is a bit disorienting. It's hard to follow and figure out where you gotta go and you can't just get back up after crashing. I've walked to the end and the only way over is to keep flying until you make it there. I think it would be easier to maybe add a little parkour at the end as an alternative. Not everyone is good at flying with elytra or has experience with it. Couldn't we just use our brooms?

Sinelius

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sinelius
Honeybadger
I spent too many days trying to do it. I've been so frustrated and annoyed that I quit several times. My main problems are the speed of the flying and also not being able to continue flying from anywhere besides the start. I finally beat it after so many honest tries and was so relieved so I believe you can do it too. I wish you the best of luck and hope it gets tweaked in the future. 😊

heyitslena

Magician
Staff
I FINALLY did it just now! What a pain in the booty to do. I was getting dizzy and I started to get a headache, but i did it. I still believe it needs to be tweaked a little for those who can't do it, but until then, don't give up guys. Practice does indeed make perfect!

Feyre

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: CruelDuarte
Dark Follower Griffin SPEW
The elytra quest gives a greater reward compared to to other quests and is thus harder,there was a suggestion before about revamping the map to make it easier, tho i'm not sure if they included the use of brooms instead.
to for people that aren't as experienced with elytra. link to the other suggestion

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @lenaaaa,

As mentioned, this suggestion is a duplicate of this one that was declined. It was mainly declined due to it being a challenge that players have to complete to get a higher reward but feel free to check out that thread for a more detailed reasoning. Adding a parkour or allowing the usage of brooms would circumvent this, as well as add less variety to quests since both those things are used in other quests already, while elytra courses are fairly rare. I hope this makes sense and does not prevent you from using these forums more in the future!

Thanks for the suggestion and have a fantastic day!

heyitslena

Magician
Staff
Hi, thank you for your reply I appreciate it and I understand your reasoning for not making changes. I was actually able to complete it with practice and patiences. I will take a look at the other thread and I will definitely be using the forums in the future!