DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

☠️☠️ Pirate Club/Allegiance? ☠️☠️

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
ye honestly I do agree that the potential for a pirate event is like more than any other event there is because of the possible story lines, collectables and especially builds but ye idk if it will be implimented seen as it kinda stands out but as i said i dont think it shud mean a prefix / club is added

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
Hello! Just thought I'd give in my input to this!

I definitely agree that there should be a pirate-themed event, but as for the prefix/package, I also don't believe that it would fit with Potterworld right now. From a roleplay perspective, it would be hard to incorporate something that wouldn't fit with our current "theme," per se, and I think that it could collide with the current RP. From an unofficial RP POV, it's possible, but would again be hard to incorporate. From an official POV, it would definitely be much harder than the other allegiances, because of the following reasons:

1) There wouldn't be an obvious "leader" or "inner-circle members".
2) Pirates aren't as obvious in the HP fandom as things like Werewolves or the three allegiances.
3) It wouldn't really fit with the current storyline.

In my opinion, it shouldn't be added as a club/allegiance, but rather an event like mentioned previously!

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
A Pirate-themed Butterbrew event would be cool! But I don't think it should be in the store. It doesn't fit imo - they aren't really mentioned (that I can remember).

idk i cant always give reasons why i think something lol thAs juST mY opIniON!

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
I mean geographically, pirates were in areas of Europe like Greece or near Spain, usually sailing across the mediterranean sea. That's not too far from the U.K., but still, not too close either. I think that if anything, Vikings would be more relevant to Potterworld and the HP series since they were introduced with dormunstrad Institute. While pirates weren't introduced in neither the movies or the books, for either of the two wizarding world series from J.K.R.

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Replace the Carnival event with the Pirate event and toss it into the Roleplay Hub.
something like this would be handled by the events team, not roleplay. But i actually like the idea of a pirate themed event just not a pirate themed package, would fit nicely either in place of the carnival or butterbrew event, or even just as a random event. We haven't really seen many non-seasonal major events and something like this could be a breath of fresh air and could open up a bunch of possibilities.

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hey everyone!

We really appreciate everyone who has responded to this thread. We felt that the idea was very fun, but unfortunately we will be declining the original suggestion. The theme of pirates for an allegiance, club or Roleplay event is not the direction we want to be going towards. Pirates are not significant nor mentioned in the actual Harry Potter series and we are ultimately a HP/fantasy server. This is just not something we want to go towards regarding Roleplay and the store itself.

Vampires are currently part of the official Roleplay on the server and we are not looking to release new packages for the store anytime soon. Before the Vampire package, the last package was released back in 2016 and we do not want to have too many packages released within short periods of time. Again we did like the idea and found it very fun, but unfortunately it is not the direction we want to go towards.

Thank you so much for bringing this idea up with us and also to everyone who supported it and replied. We hope you understand why we have come to this decision regarding adding a pirate club/allegiance and the possible Roleplay event for it. We would absolutely love to hear any other suggestions you have for the server, as we are constantly looking to improve the experience. I hope you have a fantastic rest of your day!