DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

1st time in potterworld... first impressions

hey there,

I don't know if anyone will read this... but I wanted to post my first impressions of the map... and some feedback to make gameplay better.

Upon loading in... i was feeling pretty excited about playing the server.

it's clear that the creators have put A LOT of time and effort into making this. So I want to say thank you first.

My suggestions are:
1- Make it easier to navigate around - honestly... most of my first few questions were asking the same question in the chat "where's XXX?". Due to the fact that it's almost impossible to navigate around... the player is literally left guessing where to go. Some kind of map... or clearer signs would help.

2- Less parkour (save it for the mini games) - I get that parkour can be fun. But for peopel who suck at it (like me)... and don't enjoy doing parkour... I'm still to feel bitter toward having to do parkour to complete quests.

Overall... it's a really cool server. Just I think those two minor things would make a massive difference to how I felt playing the game/

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Like you said sometimes the location of something is pretty unclear. You can find a map by typing /map ingame but that will only help you so much because it usually only shows the view of locations from the roof. I would suggest they add more clear directions through more signs in Hogsworth (and roads) and also in the description of quests (/q) as well.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello XO_Skeleton,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and suggestions for our server here. We really appreciate it and really value any player opinions!
For your first point, we do have a map online which you can access by doing /map in game, as has already been stated and we are going to be working on adding more and clearer signs to Hogsworth especially, to hopefully make it easier for players to navigate. However, we will not be adding an in-game map for the reasons stated here.
As for your statement regarding parkour, this has already been suggested and declined. You can read more about it here.
Thanks again for your valuable input and have a great day!