DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a new option in /me settings

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I kinda like seeing these messages pop up because they pop up every 5 minutes and it gives a good indication of how active chat is especially if you see a good amount of them fill up chat - that's how you know when chat is dead.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hey @Salmandingo,

I agree with this forum post; however, I would like to add on to it. Currently, chat customization is at a low. I believe you should be able to toggle PMs, friend join/leave messages (thanks @Honey_Dwarf1), party invitations, and broadcasts. At the moment, there is no possible way to get rid of these messages, and I think it would benefit the community if they added these options. Customization is a huge part of Quality of Life, and there is a lot of things that you just can't customize.

Last edited:

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Hey @Salmandingo,

I agree with this forum post; however, I would like to add on to it. Currently, chat customization is at a low. I believe you should be able to toggle PMs, friend join/leave messages, party invitations, and broadcasts. At the moment, there is no possible way to get rid of these messages, and I think it would benefit the community if they added these options. Customization is a huge part of Quality of Life, and there is a lot of things that you just can't customize.
I definitely agree that being able to customise your chat would be a good thing, but I'm fairly certain you can already use /f notify on/off to tell you when a friend comes online

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I agree with this forum post; however, I would like to add on to it. Currently, chat customization is at a low. I believe you should be able to toggle PMs, friends join/leave messages, party invitations, and broadcasts. At the moment, there is no possible way to get rid of these messages, and I think it would benefit the community if they added these options. Customization is a huge part of Quality of Life, and there is a lot of things that you just can't customize.
I believe you are capable of toggling friend messages and disabling party invitations already. However, I disagree with giving players the ability to toggle PMs and broadcasts. Important information can be conveyed through broadcasts, and it doesn't bother any players. If a player turned broadcasts off, and they said something like the server will be restarting, that player would be completely in the dark about current issues. Additionally, you can already disable viewing house point rewards by leaving the Hourglass channel.
For toggling PMs, it's mainly the matter of staff use PM's to deliver warnings to players, and players try to help others through PMs. If a player disabled PMs. While it could be designed so only the public can't message the player, how would that work with staff? Staff would most likely be unaware the player in question had PMs turned off. That being said, it'd be essentially the public minus over 100 players would be limited from messaging the player.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
use /f notify on/off to tell you when a friend comes online
I did not know that, well, that is a good thing to know.

Staff would most likely be unaware the player in question had PMs turned off.
There is an easy solution. Staff could bypass the feature. Sometimes when I'm busy, I don't want people messaging me because I may not respond, or I do not wish to respond. If staff needs to warn or message the player, they could bypass it with a specific command. Automatically they don't get to bypass it, but if they need to, they can. 99% of the time, the messages I receive are not staff related.

If a player turned broadcasts off, and they said something like the server will be restarting, that player would be completely in the dark about current issues.
I can understand this, but it's just people getting sorted into their house most of the time. If a message is vital, it can send regardless of the toggle, but most of the broadcasts aren't.

Last edited:

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya Salmandingo! Thank you so much for submitting this idea. We are always looking for ways to improve the server. I will bring up your idea with the rest of the poltergeists and get more feedback on this. I will get back to you with our decision once it has been made. Have a wonderful day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Salmandingo (and everyone)!

I’d like to inform you that parts of your suggestion will be accepted. We think it’ll be useful to be able to toggle certain messages, so we’ll be adding a toggle when receiving the skill point messages and other reminders. This is because we understand that those can definitely become annoying.

However, we will not be adding a toggle for the ability to receive broadcasts, as they can contain important information which we would not want players to miss. Also, we will not be adding a toggle when receiving PMs, as that would require us to change how some of our chat commands work. The same also goes for toggling players who ask for help in chat, as we can’t exactly filter those things, and we want to encourage our community to help each other out and not ignore one another.

Instead, we would rather implement an /ignore feature, which has been brought up here, as a complete block on all PMs seems less necessary and we think less players would use it. However, this is something that will be done at a later time, as we are currently busy with other things at the moment. Although, keep an eye out once it has been completed and implemented!

Thank you for making this suggestion and to all of you who contributed to this thread! Have a lovely day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
Hello again everyone!

Everything that was accepted in here has been completed. You are now able to toggle both spell point reminders and guiding messages (called announcement tips in the GUI) in /me > settings. The ignore feature has not been implemented, so I'd recommend keeping an eye on this other thread for updates.