DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add a proper furniture system to housing

ThatPreston

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower
Hello! There are some things you can do in housing to make great decorations, such as eat cakes and put saplings in pots. But one thing I've noticed is that certain furniture around the map can't be replicated. I believe this is because it involves a complex setup with armor stands. Anyways, I suggest a new section in the Mine Depot that has items which will set up furniture for you!

furniture.PNG

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
Howdy! I'd love to see some new items on the Minedepot but I'm not 100% sure how this could be done, hopefully, in the future, we can be able to see this stuff in housings! :D

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
That would be awesome to have furniture items made available!! I really hope this gets picked up. It's already coded into the game for Hogwarts so they could just create a vendor and make them usable items to place. MC base game allows for that so it should be possible.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I think the only problem is how exactly the items are made, but with coding I'm sure the amazing Unspeakables and other staff could figure it out! ;)

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
The furniture models on the server look great and I agree that it would be amazing if players were able to use these items in their housing. Although, as you suggested, these furniture items might have been applied using armor stands or something along those lines that players might not be able to use right now.

An additional suggestion if players can't use armor stands or the furniture models -
If players won't be able to use the furniture models because it requires armor stands or another system, then what if there was a sort of interior design shop where staff who are Builders/Architects can apply the furniture inside a player's housing? It would cost a good amount of gold such as 5000g for one room that includes 3D models of the bed, one of the sofa models, and maybe an armor stand with school robes on it.

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
The furniture models on the server look great and I agree that it would be amazing if players were able to use these items in their housing. Although, as you suggested, these furniture items might have been applied using armor stands or something along those lines that players might not be able to use right now.

An additional suggestion if players can't use armor stands or the furniture models -
If players won't be able to use the furniture models because it requires armor stands or another system, then what if there was a sort of interior design shop where staff who are Builders/Architects can apply the furniture inside a player's housing? It would cost a good amount of gold such as 5000g for one room that includes 3D models of the bed, one of the sofa models, and maybe an armor stand with school robes on it.
Or that could even be a service on the shop

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello ThatPreston,
We really appreciate you coming forward with your idea.
I will now bring up your idea to the rest of the Poltergeist Team. We will discuss it and hopefully get back to you soon.
Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
I know the bed models are armor stands, I highly doubt there would be a way for players to have access to this in a compatible way. The couch model is simply placed with an item frame behind the chair, which could definitely be an option. Perhaps we could bump up the price for it and it includes an item frame.

ThatPreston

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower
I know the bed models are armor stands, I highly doubt there would be a way for players to have access to this in a compatible way. The couch model is simply placed with an item frame behind the chair, which could definitely be an option. Perhaps we could bump up the price for it and it includes an item frame.
I was suggesting something like a spawn egg that places it for you. The player wouldn't need to use armor stands or item frames or anything, just buy it and place it like a normal block. I've seen furniture spawn eggs done before with just vanilla commands so I'm sure it's possible.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
The furniture can work like the contents of item frames, you place it using a spawn egg or whatever the item will be and then when you click on it again it says “You have retrieved the (Furniture Name)” and then you have it in your inventory.
I am no GD but if they can do it with item frames I don’t see why they can’t develop a similar plugin for furniture.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea with us! We are always looking for ways to improve the server which is why player feedback and suggestions are very important to us!
We are therefore glad to inform you that this idea has been implemented, as we think it will give players more ways to decorate their housing and be more creative. As you may have already discovered, a variety of new decoration models are now available in the mine depot store, accessible by talking to the House Elf at a housing! We hope you will enjoy them and put them to good use!
Have a wonderful day!