DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add an “Invisibility Cloak”

lillianlark

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: LillianLark
Serpent
One thing I’ve noticed in my time on the server is that typically only the early years wear robes and older students tend to not wear robes and opt for hats and other items.
However, when wearing the robes, students have protection in the form of armor. This is an advantage over students who choose to remove their robes for cosmetic purposes.
My solution to this is rather than having all students Remove their robes during dueling or having all students put them on is to make an “invisibility cloak” - aka invisible armor that students can put on if they don’t want to be seen wearing the robes. This way they have the same armor as students who wear robes.

EDIT: After revelius was released, I think just a cosmetic invisibility cloak will be a great addition! It could either be on the store or be bought with gold in game!

Last edited:

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
My solution to this is rather than having all students Remove their robes during dueling or having all students put them on is to make an “invisibility cloak”
I'm not sure if your suggestion is only for class or just in general, but if it's just for dueling class I don't really think this is necessary. I think that instead of creating a whole new item for players to wear during dueling class, I think the "no robes" rule should just be enforced.

If you're just talking about adding this item in general to buff armor stats, this won't really be necessary when the Revelius Update is implemented into the game (which is in about 30 hours from now! :D). Since we will be adding gear into the game, which will allow players to get specialized armor to help fight mobs, adding another armor-like item will not be needed.

However, I like the idea of adding an invisibility cloak for the game, even if it's for cosmetic effect. I don't know if it's really possible to be implemented, but if there was an item that could temporarily make a player invisible for an event or something I think that would be pretty cool. Overall, I like the concept of possibly adding an invisibility cloak item into the game, but due to the addition of gear when we update, it won't be necessary. Thank you so much for the idea though! It's really creative :) <3

lillianlark

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: LillianLark
Serpent
I'm not sure if your suggestion is only for class or just in general, but if it's just for dueling class I don't really think this is necessary. I think that instead of creating a whole new item for players to wear during dueling class, I think the "no robes" rule should just be enforced.

If you're just talking about adding this item in general to buff armor stats, this won't really be necessary when the Revelius Update is implemented into the game (which is in about 30 hours from now! :D). Since we will be adding gear into the game, which will allow players to get specialized armor to help fight mobs, adding another armor-like item will not be needed.

However, I like the idea of adding an invisibility cloak for the game, even if it's for cosmetic effect. I don't know if it's really possible to be implemented, but if there was an item that could temporarily make a player invisible for an event or something I think that would be pretty cool. Overall, I like the concept of possibly adding an invisibility cloak item into the game, but due to the addition of gear when we update, it won't be necessary. Thank you so much for the idea though! It's really creative :) <3
Thank you for liking my idea! I think incorporating an invisibility cloak whether in the form of invisible gear or an object that gives you invisibility when you wear it can be a fun incorporation into the game!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I would love to see an invisibility cloak! They could even really do an entire deathly hallows set on the store and do an invisibility cloak, the elder wand, and a sorcerer's/philospher's stone that could revive you once in the same location. That'd be super cool.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello LillianLark,
Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate it.
I will now discuss your idea with the other Poltergeists and we will inform you of any updates.
Have a great day!

Aspasia

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Sr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order Arena Squire
I agree with this suggestion. (y):heart:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hey again @lillianlark,
We have discussed your suggestion and come to the conclusion that we will deny it. Your first suggestion regarding invisible armour has been implemented in the form of gear which does not show up on players. Unfortunately, your second suggestion is not something we want to implement because it will likely be a very overpowered item that would be extremely difficult to balance. It would give players invisibility which gives a big advantage and causes a few issues. Firstly, it would not make you invisible for mobs which would be a giveaway and somewhat weird. Secondly, it could easily be abused for using Modified Clients or for Trolling other players which is something we definitely would like to avoid.
Nevertheless, thank you for bringing this idea up to us. We really do appreciate it and hope you'll have a great day!
Best Regards,
Aurora