DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Add more ways to get gold

ThatPreston

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower
Currently, you can only earn about 70,000 gold by completing all the quests. After that, there aren't enough reasonable ways to earn gold to justify the high prices of material crafting, fire dust, and brooms. You can sell materials to vendors, but it barely gets you anything compared to the rewards from quests. Personally, I have been working my way towards getting a Thunderflash broom. Even after completing all the quests, I can't afford it because I had to spend gold on gear. I might always need gold, but there won't always be quests for me to do. So, I propose that more ways to get good amounts of gold are added to the server. I will list some ideas below.
- Brewing and selling potions to Mr. Mulpepper (This used to be a thing and I loved it)
- Bring back elevator games and add harder ones with better rewards
- Repeatable quests such as an NPC that pays you to kill a random mob
Thank you for reading my suggestion! If you have more ideas please leave them below.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I definitely think there needs to be more ways to gather gold. The staff have added more ways to spend gold but actually removed a lot of was to earn gold. The economy seems unbalanced now as the server has more ways to spend but not get gold.

I like the idea of being able to sell your potions! Right now I have 0 use to be brewing potions, so this would possibly give me a reason to brew!

I would also like for the Elevator Games to be bright back like you said. Parkour and mazes was one of the main ways I used to get gold because I enjoyed that more than killing mobs and then selling their drops.

I would probably never use your last suggestion, which is to have an NPC that pays you to kill a mob, but I’m sure other people would find it useful.

HeyJared

Magician
Minecraft IGN: HeyJared
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Werewolf SPEW
I would also like for the Elevator Games to be bright back like you said. Parkour and mazes was one of the main ways I used to get gold because I enjoyed that more than killing mobs and then selling their drops.
Me too. I miss the droppers and parkours. Besides from hidden chests, it was how I earned gold.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Greetings ThatPreston,
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve the server and your feedback and suggestions really help.
This idea is basically a duplicate of another thread as the idea is the same, so I will be marking it as a duplicate and moving it to the declined section of the forums. Rest assured that any additional ideas you have will be taken into consideration as well.
Have a wonderful day!

Last edited: