DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Adding life in Hogsworth

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
Similar threads were created in the past but I feel like we recently had a great example of how it can be done without going too harsh on low-specs computers.​

Looking back on Winter Waltz, I really enjoyed how alive Castelomagia felt with conuckos, other little animals and insects roaming around the school. For that reason, I was wondering if there was a possibility of ever seeing this being implemented in Hogsworth with ghosts and other NPCs/Mobs. I'm unsure if armor stands/npcs (which I would guess is how it was done) could go through walls (just like ghosts), but I would definitely like to see characters and animals like Pesterz the Poltergeist, student's pets or original creations made for PW's lore roam around certain parts of the school, like the Great Hall, the Grand Staircase and perhaps even some long corridors that feel pretty empty at the time being.​

Last edited:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I agree. I don't think that it would be too laggy either as we already have a bunch of NPCs in areas like Diagon alley and also mobs that are spawning within the Castle itself. The amount of furniture models the castle currently has is crazy, so I don't know think this is any more laggy. And after all many people already have pets moving around. Besides the things you named, it would be cool if we had house elves (baby villagers) going around. The only issue I see with this is on the technical side as I'm pretty sure the flying concuckos were invisible bats so if you tried that with ghost model let's say, not only that they wouldnt be able to go thru walls but the movement would look pretty unnatural.
P. S. pls don't put bugs to Hogwarts

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
In October 2020 I suggested a similar thing of adding more life to the world. One point being the lack of NPCs in towns, but some of the staff responses weren't keen on adding more NPCs as they said it would introduce more lag, despite areas like Diagon Alley looking dead and having 600 less entities than Grand Staircase, The paintings are stated to be an essential detail but not the NPCs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the response was the same for Hogsworth.

Here's the suggestion, it's still Under review so you can chime in if you want

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
In October 2020 I suggested a similar thing of adding more life to the world. One point being the lack of NPCs in towns, but some of the staff responses weren't keen on adding more NPCs as they said it would introduce more lag, despite areas like Diagon Alley looking dead and having 600 less entities than Grand Staircase, The paintings are stated to be an essential detail but not the NPCs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the response was the same for Hogsworth.

Here's the suggestion, it's still Under review so you can chime in if you want
I just had the chance to read the thread and its comments. There are some pretty good ideas in there that represent the essence of what I’m going for and hope to experience on PW someday:). Thanks for sharing and let’s hope the team can find the right balance between immersion and server performance.

Poppydette

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Poppydette
Honeybadger Dark Follower Phoenix
I really enjoy this idea. I was thinking something similar during the winter waltz event. I thought it would be cool if they used the same thing for owls on Hogsworth as they did with the conuckos. The ghosts would be a fun idea as well even if they cannot go through walls.

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
I really enjoy this idea. I was thinking something similar during the winter waltz event. I thought it would be cool if they used the same thing for owls on Hogsworth as they did with the conuckos. The ghosts would be a fun idea as well even if they cannot go through walls.
Totally! I can definitely imagine owls flying around at the Owlery.

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
Only problem with this is im pretty sure it lags out the server me and alot of other people experienced more server lag then usual when winterwaltz was out. probably because we were dueling and its a lot more noticeable

Grucifix

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Grucifix
Auralock Griffin Phoenix
Hey @Wildsam,

Thank you so much for your suggestion for adding more life to Hogsworth, we always appreciate any ideas from our lovely community!
It sounds like an interesting new addition to the gameplay aspect, and I will bring this up to my fellow poltergeists to carefully discuss its pros and cons. After a decision has been made, we will get back to you!

Until then, have a lovely day:alien:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Wildsam!!

This suggestion has been accepted, as we like the idea and do want to add life to Hogsworth in various and fun ways! Including in ways through NPCs and other decorations. Unfortunately, it is not that possible for us to add passive roaming mobs, as we have seen that it creates a lot of server lag which affects player experience which we would like to avoid/minimise as much as possible.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion! We really appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: