DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

AFK Command

BurntBananaSplt

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: BurntBananaSplt
Auralock Dark Follower Raven Vampire Werewolf
I don't know how hard this would be to set up, but a command allowing you to go 'AFK' would be really useful. I commonly find myself worried to step away from my laptop for a few minutes with the fear that someone would message me and I wouldn't be there to respond. This is why I came up with the idea of an AFK command. This command could work where after 5 minutes of not moving, or performing a command (like /AFKon) your character is set AFK and when someone tries to message you they will get a message back in the chat saying something like "This this player is AFK at the moment, You will be notified when the player is back." This helps the player make sure they don't miss anything while they have stepped away. The AFK command could be turned off by either moving or doing a command like /AFKoff. I was also thinking that the player's in-game body isn't moved anywhere so it keeps the danger of AFK-ing in a dangerous location. There could be other things that work with the AFK command but I couldn't think of any other major purposes. If you have another idea to go with it please respond to this! I feel this is a cool mechanic and could probably be implemented if not too difficult.

Vickyvan

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: vickyvan
Auralock Raven
I don't know how hard this would be to set up, but a command allowing you to go 'AFK' would be really useful. I commonly find myself worried to step away from my laptop for a few minutes with the fear that someone would message me and I wouldn't be there to respond. This is why I came up with the idea of an AFK command. This command could work where after 5 minutes of not moving, or performing a command (like /AFKon) your character is set AFK and when someone tries to message you they will get a message back in the chat saying something like "This this player is AFK at the moment, You will be notified when the player is back." This helps the player make sure they don't miss anything while they have stepped away. The AFK command could be turned off by either moving or doing a command like /AFKoff. I was also thinking that the player's in-game body isn't moved anywhere so it keeps the danger of AFK-ing in a dangerous location. There could be other things that work with the AFK command but I couldn't think of any other major purposes. If you have another idea to go with it please respond to this! I feel this is a cool mechanic and could probably be implemented if not too difficult.
this could also be really helpful in class, especially those in which it's more imperative to not be afk, and could automatically notify professors.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hey @BurntBananaSplt,

Thank you for being up this suggestion! We truly appreciate it! However, this suggestion is similar to another which got brought up in the past. The suggestion was declined as going AFK is harmless and we don’t see a need for the command. Sadly, I will be marking this suggestion as a duplicate.

Please click here if you’d like to see the past thread.

Once again, thank you so much for the suggestion!