DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Allow More Decor

Angel_Fyre

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Angel_Fyre
Griffin
So I feel as if we should be allowed more decor options.

Turning off the resource pack I see that many things can be used and have no real good reasoning we cant use them.

Obviously I am not talking the ones that are World Edit ones such as the eaten cake and other spawnables, but things that could and should be added to the Mine Depot for sure.

The plates and silverware for tables (iron pressure plate)
Benches (hoppers)

I am sure there are so much more than can be added, and would allow players more freedom when it comes to decoration and housing.

Belle

Magician
Minecraft IGN: trashdotcom
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I like these ideas, but i have a couple of notes to add to this.

- The plates and silverware pressure plates you are thinking of are only spawnable through world edit, and if iron pressure plates were added to the mine depot, they would look like regular iron pressure plates (unless stepped on by players) and not like plates/silverware.
- The hoppers are most likely not currently in the mine depot because they could cause housing lag by players using them for redstone purposes (eg. throwing an item into a chain of hoppers leading to a chest)

That being said, all of the items you suggested are very good ideas, and I would like to see them implemented if their mechanics can be altered to meet housings requirements.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Angel_Fyre,

Thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate ideas like these to make Potterworld even more magical! Your suggestion of adding the dropper (bench models) to the mine depot is a duplicate of something that was mentioned here.

@Belle describes the reasons for the benches perfectly (thank you). I recommend reading the attached thread for more information about that. For the other decor (silverware/plates), I will bring this suggestion up to the team! Once the team has reached a decision, I will return to you with an update. Stay tuned!

Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day. :heart:

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Angel_Fyre,

The team has discussed the suggestion and unfortunately, it has been declined.

As mentioned previously in this thread, we use World Edit to spawn in these silverware models. We can't give these items to players to use in this form, and making a model of it would not be possible, as we have no items that have not already been used that would work for the model besides diamond tools. Doing this and putting it in an item frame, which would be required to make it work, would be a bit too awkward. Therefore, it is not something we can do.

If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :)