DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Allow \: ) to cancel out the auto emoji

1psaonly

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: 1psaonly
Dark Follower Serpent
The backslash is a very versatile tool. things such as discord and google both use it to cancel out something you may not want, such as the - sign or an a formatting thing. I believe that the potterworld forums should also do this, for convenience. :) does not hit the same as : ) without the space. I believe that being able to do emoticons without it automatically being converted to an emoji is a good addition to the forums. Right now, it looks like this if you attempt it. \:)

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Omg I agree with this! I actually found out it did this when I wrote :pensive: (pensive) and the emoji :p was added to it. if there was a way to add the \ that'd be wonderful!

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya @1psaonly! Thank you so much for bringing up this suggestion! We truly appreciate players ideas and feedback. I will bring up this idea with the other poltergeists and we will discuss it further. I will get back to you with a decision once it has been made. Have a wonderful day!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya!

Thanks for taking the time to create this suggestion on the forums! I personally really like this idea, as I would like to use test emojis without them turning into actual emojis. This suggestion has been accepted, as we as a team like this idea as a change to the forums. I know quite a few players who use text emojis often, and this would be a good change for them. Therefore, we will be looking into doing this soon. Once again, thanks for the suggestion!