DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Arena Champion

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
Imo this wouldn’t serve much of a purpose as there’s maybe, 5 active people who really strive to win both tournaments and this just seems like a tag for the only that group of five. I think tournament winners get enough credit and bragging rights and it’s unnecessary to be able to attract more attention than there already is to people who’ve won both. We do, after all have NPCs of you in the great hall. How much more attention and credit do these winners need?

Simowne

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Simowne
Dark Follower Serpent
Well to be fair, the prefix for both Dueling and Flying Champions suggest the same thing. The person has won both of the tournaments and are merely suggesting that if this specific case does arise, that they have a name specific to winning both. I think that the title ‘Arena Champion’ wouldn’t be such a bad thing considering the fact that they’ve trained hard to accomplish such a title so generally I wouldn’t see it as a bad thing. And again, bragging rights are only a part of the winning benefit, and the attention part you mentioned doesn’t seem all that fair considering they’ve put in a lot of work to win at both things. For the most part, it’s not really about showing off your new prefix or having NPC’s in the Great Hall, or even brining attention to yourself but it’s to show the accomplishment that these people have made to becoming victorious in both tournaments. As for the suggestions of new prefixes, I think ‘Arena Champion’ is good, considering how that was the tag back then anyways.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Accomplishing the feat of winning two tournaments is attainment worthy of recognition. They fought against the best of the best in multiple fields, which takes dedication and training for hours on end. To win both - well, it's almost unfathomable how much they've put into it. They DESERVE a tag for winning both, as they've achieved arguably the hardest thing on PotterworldMC. Defying the odds to rise to the top? Yeah, they've earned it.

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
IMO it would rather be easier to have 'Arena Champion' replace both 'Flying Champion' and 'Dueling Champion', having all three might be too confusing for some players and would overall clutter chat more. This then wouldn't be a problem if one were to win both.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
You already get enough rewards,
A collectable, 1k, 500 Potterpoints ($5.00 USD), prefix, crown, I'd say thats more than plenty of acknowledgement. You worked hard, achieved something great, theres your prize, if it was me I don't think theres much to complain about. But I do agree with Joel that it'd be smart to just rename the prefix entirely.

Last edited:

Sticktrees

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SmellyBigBro
Dark Follower Griffin
I respectfully disagree with your opinion Aaron. As a many-time tournament winner, I think that you're undermining the amount of commitment it takes to win both tournaments. Staying on the top of your game in flying takes a ridiculous amount of effort and training, sometimes too much to handle. Adding onto that practicing dueling with a team in order to stand a chance at an arena full of the server's best, and it's reasonable to add a small detail like a title indicating you won both. You're overplaying it a little... We no longer receive trophies for the tournaments, which was originally the main reward we strived for. 1k gold (or let's say 6k including the Potterpoints) can be earned in six hours doing chest runs, whereas a tournament takes tens of hours of training. The crown is a nice touch though, I will admit.

Simowne

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Simowne
Dark Follower Serpent
Generally back then, the prefixes were Arena Champion as it was simple and represented only the dueling champions, as flying wasn't a thing back then. The change happened sometime after 2016, and the prefix 'Arena Champion' is actually the normal way it was supposed to be. I think because the introduction of Flying was released and the tournaments started to happen was when they decided to separate the two tags. I feel like you're also taking this the wrong way. He was just asking for the possibility of seeing if there were any other tags that could be used to represent that he won both tournaments. In this case, he did, and he was merely asking for suggestions as well as making one himself. I do agree with Joel however, as making a prefix to replace the existing prefixes would be beneficial. The rewards that you mentioned also are sufficient, I agree, but the aspects that I feel that you're not considering is the representation of how much work these people have put into acheiving such a role. If you really look into it, you'll see that these people have played and trained so hard to win both tourney's and it wouldn't be fair to say that they deserve most of what they get. And in the case of dueling tournaments specifically, these guys take hours and hours a day, communicating strategies, fighting against the best on the server to have a chance at getting that title. I've personally seen and heard it happen and it takes a lot more than just left clicking to achieve what they have. In terms of Flying, you really have to think logically and practically. Everything that goes into Flying, including latency, lag, and overall statistics are all incorporated into it and if you think about it, it's probably the hardest thing to master. I know personally that Stick has put a lot of time and effort into the game and has been proficient in both Dueling and Flying during the time I've known him. It really wouldn't be fair to say that he doesn't deserve a chance at handing over a suggestion overall and has the upper hand here when taking into account the amount of time, effort, and comittment he's put in to achieve victory. And again, it's not necessarily complaining when he was asking for a simple suggestion to be implemented, rather than bash about a prefix not being the standard/norm. Plus, it wouldn't bring anymore attention to themselves than it already does, by having a simple prefix change. Overall, I feel like this suggestion should be implemented. It sounds and looks appealing to the eye, and having just one name for winning either one or the other, or both, in this case, would just overall be extremely beneficial.

Last edited:

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello there! We've discussed your suggestion and, since someone winning both tournaments is quite rare and arena champion would sound way too similiar to Arena Squires or Arena Masters, making it confusing, to decline your suggestion. Thank you for your suggestion, any feedback from the community is greatly appreciated!