DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Arena Tokens Into Potter Points

Kidda

Magician
Minecraft IGN: vampire127
Griffin
I think it would be an amazing addition to be able to trade your arena tokens into potter points.
This could be like 50 Arena tokens into 10 potter points etc (You guys can come up with a better rate if that seems to OP)
This would allow players who don't do so well in tournaments to still have a shot at getting some cool cosmetics!

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hia @Kidda and readers,

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to us!

I will bring your idea up to my fellow poltergeists to get additional feedback. We will get back to you here once we have reached a decision! Keep an eye out for this thread to be up to date.

I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi @Kidda, Max, Lacey, and readers!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to us! Because you send your feedback to us, we have a chance to improve Potterworld, therefore your ideas are highly appreciated. Keep sending them!

We have discussed your idea and we have made the decision to decline it, as we do not want to make Potter Points easily obtainable. While we definitely understand the reasoning behind the idea, Potter Points are currently only given through tournaments and contests. Rewarding them at only those certain events, allows us to ensure that it is kept a rare reward, therefore, keeping its value desirable.

Additionally, we have an Arena Tokens shop that has a lot of cosmetics which we want players to focus on purchasing first. Another reason for the decision is because if we were to implement this, players would most likely want other currencies to be tradeable for Potter Points as well and that is not something that we want to do.

We hope that this is understandable. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee

Kidda

Magician
Griffin
Hi @Kidda, Max, Lacey, and readers!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to us! Because you send your feedback to us, we have a chance to improve Potterworld, therefore your ideas are highly appreciated. Keep sending them!

We have discussed your idea and we have made the decision to decline it, as we do not want to make Potter Points easily obtainable. While we definitely understand the reasoning behind the idea, Potter Points are currently only given through tournaments and contests. Rewarding them at only those certain events, allows us to ensure that it is kept a rare reward, therefore, keeping its value desirable.

Additionally, we have an Arena Tokens shop that has a lot of cosmetics which we want players to focus on purchasing first. Another reason for the decision is because if we were to implement this, players would most likely want other currencies to be tradeable for Potter Points as well and that is not something that we want to do.

We hope that this is understandable. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee
Completely understand the reasoning for this decline, thank you for taking it into consideration <3

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Hi, I’m a little confused on this one.
This seems like it contradicts this feature from a while ago that showed that potter points were something that staff wanted to be more possible to get
players would most likely want other currencies to be tradeable for Potter Points as well and that is not something that we want to do.
Also this contradicts the On-Hold decision for this thread about voting tokens for potter points.
Maybe you’ve changed your minds on the daily login streaks, but it would be nice to know if I’m missing something here?

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya @Honey_Dwarf1!

Apologies for the confusion with the decision that we made on this thread! I'd like to take a second to explain a bit more about our decision.

We will still be doing voting tokens for Potterpoints as per the second suggestion that you linked. The difference between voting tokens and arena tokens is that voting tokens are equally obtainable by all players regardless of skill level in a specific area, and are obtained at a set low rate. Additionally, voting tokens are obtained through voting for the server, which is a way for players to support the server, and we would like to reward that nicely. We also wanted to have Potterpoints be obtainable through daily login streaks because of most of these reasons.

Arena tokens are awarded based on skill, so giving Potterpoints out for arena tokens would favour a specific type of player. Tournaments are the exception to this, in that they do not happen often, and players who reach the top places are rewarded for their success in making it to the top. Arena tokens are fairly common for more talented players, and would be harder for less talented players to obtain.

Hope this explanation helps!
Ash

Kidda

Magician
Griffin
Heya @Honey_Dwarf1!

Apologies for the confusion with the decision that we made on this thread! I'd like to take a second to explain a bit more about our decision.

We will still be doing voting tokens for Potterpoints as per the second suggestion that you linked. The difference between voting tokens and arena tokens is that voting tokens are equally obtainable by all players regardless of skill level in a specific area, and are obtained at a set low rate. Additionally, voting tokens are obtained through voting for the server, which is a way for players to support the server, and we would like to reward that nicely. We also wanted to have Potterpoints be obtainable through daily login streaks because of most of these reasons.

Arena tokens are awarded based on skill, so giving Potterpoints out for arena tokens would favour a specific type of player. Tournaments are the exception to this, in that they do not happen often, and players who reach the top places are rewarded for their success in making it to the top. Arena tokens are fairly common for more talented players, and would be harder for less talented players to obtain.

Hope this explanation helps!
Ash
I love the idea of voting tokens into Potter points, can't wait to see how this turns out with also the idea of just being present on the server can get you rewards!