DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Being able to go to back to bosses anytime You feel like it

Should we be able to redo bosses once you complete and help other players who need help badly badly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tuna2

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Tuna2
Griffin
I feel like you should be able to go back to any boss when you feel like it but to it's optional and in order to help other players because I feel like it's really unfair for other players who wants to help their friends but can't because 1. Their up to a point where they are a high level and don't want to reset just to help out and start over everything 2. The person already finished the quest and can't go back and help the other person who really needs help and can't do it alone and their gear might be broken or they don't have enough spells in that certain spell trees, and maybe isn't strong enough or don't know how to fight back really well their should at least a piece or button saying "Would you like to fight this boss again? And don't worry it won't restart your quest" The button or something should be available when you beat the boss and completed the quest. to at least help someone in need incase their not having a good time or having a pretty hard time taking the boss down and as I said optional you don't have to do it by force it's "When" you want to do the boss again incase a player needs help in a certain quest and needs to defeat the boss enemy's to do it or when your bored.

Last edited:

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
I voted "Maybe" because I agree with the replayability of bosses (maybe even quests), but I'm not sure if the co-op suggestion wouldn't be abused, if the player didn't have to restart the whole quest AND would get rewards for killing the boss. Also the implementation can be a little bit tricky, like:
How many players can fight the boss at once ? Should the HP scale with the number of players ?
How does the game determine who can help said player and who can not in order to make it both easier but still challenging ? /party ?

Tuna2

Animorphus
Griffin
Because I have a friend who wants to join but doesn't have much free time to even try to play game heck even get into 1 of the 4 houses and even if they do join I don't want to leave my friend alone helpless and don't know what to do what's even worse I done the quests and can't come back and support him with the bosses

Tuna2

Animorphus
Griffin
And I thought like if I do this poll I thought I have a chance to just help other's who need help in need and not leave my friend helpless just because their a new player and praying to god this get's accepted so maybe I could be able to be their to support my friend because I'm a grad

Tuna2

Animorphus
Griffin
I even asked should I reset to be the same level with him but he said no which kind of put's us a bit more distant when it comes to these quests and if I'm not their to support and help my friend in everything of this game my friend could be hurt and lose his gear if he's not to careful and want to always be their for my friend no matter what because I feel like it's not fair to leave alone lower levels if you just leave them alone then your just kind of about to avoid my friend and I do not mean this of a no offense or anything like that but it just feels not fair for other's to be left in the dust while you just celebrate with other's when your friend wants to be appreciated and become inspired by higher levels like us and me I know you guys might not care about this at all but I do if this idea get's rejected idk how to be their and support my friend in this game if i'm just "half part of their to support" my friend if I already finished a quest and my friend didn't at all because they just started up the game and their just level 1 while I'm maxed out and Maybe /party could be involved in this redo with bosses but I just pray or just maybe a just a little but that maybe some of you guys would maybe your minds I know you guys don't care for this idea too much but I really thought it be a good idea to at least guide new players when it comes to bosses if their not strong enough like just lean to other's to help plus I'm too far to even lend my support so I'm praying to god this idea get's accepted and as I said before optional not being forced to do it at all if you don't want to or just bored. But I thought that maybe I could just lend my support and not see my friend get hurt because I can't go into the quest bosses no more and heal recover them when their about to be defeated and lose a fraction percentage of their gear piece and it's not good I tell you I broke my gear and had to pay up like 3k something gold just to repair and get through the boss fight and this could also be a good idea incase someone has to leave got to go outside the game and can just leave it off to the point of the boss. And if I the idea doesn't get accepted My friend will have to go through the adventure alone like he has no friends, and somebody to lean on, and someone to cheer him on just to get through the day and quest. I just thought I had you guys have my back just to help some low level people in need and my friend it just feels so unfair to abandon my friend over some higher quests probably have to say to him "Sorry I can't help you in quests because I already done it already" and he would have to do everything solo and what I would get? nothing just be a companion, just a supporter, and don't get into the action just to help my friend get through a boss fight. I just hope you guys reconsider just maybe a little bit like maybe just have my back or something because I don't want to leave him alone because what if your best friend or family member who's just starting the game and "then" got to tell them "Sorry I can't help you out very much because I'm a higher level and done all the quests in the game" then they have to tackle everything alone like trying to solo the game with no party members and support. and I can't even help people because I can't rejoin the boss battles because I already finished the boss for the quest and I also suggest this because I had a tough time trying to kill a boss alone and it was even on a timer before it refreshed and got back all it's health and even asked for help but nobody was their because they finished the quest already and had to use a potion just to defeat 1 boss I was a low level of just being a 7th year while everyone else was in the graduate range at time and I had no support because I was a weak person and barely had anyone to lean because they was in Graduate and was maxed out so can you guys kind of try to see what I'm trying to get here? Maybe or Maybe not and might still dislike my idea but I just hope you guys reconsider your choices maybe because I don't want my friend to suffer the same experience I had be their to support my friend because he's very special to me and I don't like abandoning my friends if you guys want to turn your backs on the lower levels then your kind of trying to leave my friend out the a chance to help your friend and I mean this as no offense but that's how I feel when I have to leave my friends behind just because I started my game a lot earlier then because people have reasons why they didn't join they could be an adult and wanted to join sooner but couldn't because they could have much free time like us teenagers do, have tons of homework or have to study just to pass class. And after I just made a very big and long speech which I never had when it comes to these idea's but hopefully just maybe you guys get what I'm trying to say and just try to have my back a bit more and support this idea I just feel a bit offended of how it's starting to not be a good idea at all and reconsider how many possibility's if this idea get's accepted by the staff people and if this idea get's rejected I refuse to give up until the day it get's accepted and finally my idea would be considered to be a very good to the game. That is all I have to say for now.

Last edited:

Tuna2

Animorphus
Griffin
Can someone please reply of why they don't like this idea? :/ I never had this much dislikes ever since I did my 1st poll and this my only 2nd one.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Ok, so I play this game called Wizard 101. Now in this game, its similar to PW in that you can get gear and level up your stats and get better magic. They have this thing called the team-up kisok when Max level players/other people on the same boss often team up to beat a boss. This has been a very successful addition. Not all bosses are available to use team up on, but most of the main storyline bosses are. People often get help with harder fights that they are struggling to solo, and people who don't want help simply don't use the kisok. While im not saying that a similar feature is needed or even wanted, the premise of letting higher levels help lower levels beat harder bosses has worked very successfully in the past. Infact, lower levels seeing how strong higher levels can get often provides motivation, or at least it did to mean when I was questing in Wizard 101.

Tuna2

Animorphus
Griffin
Oh I didn't think that through enough I thought that if we help lower levels that they would at least have someone to depend on instead of trying to conqueror the tasks and bosses out alone. btw I used to have that game but sadly never gotten to finish it :') I still wonder what happened to my account.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
The only issue with this is people abusing to kill bosses for their lower levelled friends... who could just go to a later level and do the same. This is a solid suggestion.

Tuna2

Animorphus
Griffin
Thanks I thought about it of how you could just redo any boss anytime when you feel like it or be their to support a friend when they need your help.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Can someone please reply of why they don't like this idea? :/ I never had this much dislikes ever since I did my 1st poll and this my only 2nd one.
I am one of those people who said no and my answer is "because it just seems unnecessary". Bosses are a small fragment of PW's quests and with the exception of the last one they were really easy. Considering what the dev team could be working on other then this small thing that would require so much effort I just believe they have bigger priorities.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
I have somewhat mixed opinions on this. On one hand, we want players to complete the quest for themselves and letting a lvl 80 kill a boss for a lvl 50 player kinda defeats the purpose and removes any challenge. However on the other hand, we don’t have any way to prevent this if the level 80 player hasn’t completed the quest yet. Specifically with the most recent grad quests, there was an issue where multiple people would work together to defeat valdemar etc, but only one could move on to the next part of the quest. I think that quests made to be completed solo should be completed solo, but it becomes tricky when there are already ways around that. In general, I think I wouldn’t really want to add this because it makes something we don’t want in the game more viable. I do still completely understand and respect the other position of wanting this to be a feature though.

Tuna2

Animorphus
Griffin
True but I kind of had a feeling not everybody would be agreeing to this idea because true you are saying it does defeat the purpose and I heard Mayulogies talking about the boss was really hard to defeat in the last grad quest but I thought like pretty much I remember their was a boss even harder back then was in a place that we can't go anymore due to the revelius update I don't see the npc no more once I go into the shade alley if anyone can remember that is trying to refer how people can go into the next phase of the boss I think it was Zirxas I think someone please correct me if I'm wrong about saying his name but it was like really hard to beat up and was really hard to take down solo and needed a group of people to be able to do it and if you defeat him solo or with a team you and your party members will get the award together and not just 1 person just because "They took the final blow to the boss" to defeat and then get the award. It was like something like that of back then in 2019 of where we had bosses then of working together and once you defeat the boss you and party members get to advance to the other boss as long all your party members is alive and you don't have to redo the boss fight if 1 person didn't make it out alive by the way why did you guys get rid the extra 4 hard bosses? I think I would kind of understand if are spells from the spell trees and are gear would kind of defeat the purpose of the boss but the last 1 after you defeat all 3 of them was really mad had and impossible for me in my opinion and would like try to kind of bring back the function of where you defeat the boss if you're solo or in a party of 2 or more then you and you're party members if they survive then they get to also advance if any of this brings back memories of the 4 boss fights we had to try to do and then something we had to do in the portal thing with the animus exto challenges after you defeat Zirxas then I think someone said after you do that you're suppose to get a book then if you feel like taking on the challenge you go into the portal thing and check what's surprise is inside I'm pretty much guessing you know who is the final and extra hard boss after defeating and receiving from Zirxas boss fight because I think someone said since you said something made me a bit more curious after defeating Zirxas of how we suppose to take on you know who when we felt like it or just wanted to take on the boss but nobody was interested at the time plus I was stuck at the boss so was really hard to get what I wanted so Pretty much trying to do this suggestion to maybe be able help out other's or when we feel like because once we finish those quests it feels like "A once a life time chance" when in the place of the 4 bosses we can redo them over and over and over again of how many times you want so trying to refer that if it jog's anybody's mind or they were in the 2019's like You don't have to like bring back the 4 bosses just trying to bring back the function of where you or a few more people can advance in the quest after you defeated the bosses and can redo the bosses and these names should be what some of you maybe what you know if you was in the 2019's.
- The Witch (Someone please correct me on this 1 I forgot and I feel like I just spelt this 1st boss wrong
;') )
- The Butcher
- The Wither
- Zirxas

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I think this is a rad idea to be able to replay the content! I'd just want some sort of scaling for the player maybe and some loot rolls? But good concept!

Tuna2

Animorphus
Griffin
Thanks I think You should be able to get some loot and /party to be able to do the boss fights and something drops from the drops and once someone picks up the drop loot or loot you should teleport back to where you was when you clicked the boss fight with your party or go with the party member person who has the quest But I think you guys would be going towards the option going back and let the person with the quest finish up what they are doing and go on with your day and then be able to redo the boss anytime once you finish the quest.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @Tuna2 (and everyone who commented and left their opinions),

I'll bring this thread up to the other Poltergeists now and we'll get back to you once we've made a decision!
Have a wonderful day <3