DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Boy + Girl Dormitories and Bathrooms

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
Hi there! I was wondering around the castle, and I noticed a couple of things. The Boy and Girl Bathroom signs are labeled in blue and pink, and so are the dormitories! I was wondering if it would be possible to change these signs to just plain old black text, since I feel like it upholds the gender stereotypes and roles. Thanks for your consideration :D

Attachments

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Although rarely anyone uses the bathroom in PW, it would be cool if we had mixed/whatever bathrooms, for those who are neither female nor male. Just have something like, "Bathroom for all, just wash your hands".
while i respect those who are neither male or female, i don't think this would be beneficial enough to be worth it because nobody uses the bathrooms and they're only there for decoration and in the actual Hogwarts there weren't any mixed bathrooms mentioned, so it isn't really canon and also seems unnecessary work.

cake [mic]

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: CupcakeSunday
Griffin
while i respect those who are neither male or female, i don't think this would be beneficial enough to be worth it because nobody uses the bathrooms and they're only there for decoration and in the actual Hogwarts there weren't any mixed bathrooms mentioned, so it isn't really canon and also seems unnecessary work.
true true but it would still be nice

Courtney

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: epic_cool_mcgee
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there! I'll bring up your idea with the rest of the Poltergeist team, and we will get back to you with our decision! Thanks so much for submitting your suggestion! :D

Courtney

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: epic_cool_mcgee
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Thank you Max for the suggestion and thank you to all those that replied to the thread as well. This proposal has been accepted and completed on the live server. The sign colors for the bathroom have been changed to grey, for we feel that this helps remove the stereotype surrounding gender at the bathrooms. We hope this helps Potterworld be more inclusive and diverse! Once again, thank you for giving us your input! We really appreciate it! :D