DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Bring Back Colorovio Into the Dueling Scene

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Title says it all.

Colorovio was altered so that it no longer turns protello, protellomo, protellum (etc.. you get the point) to colored glass. The main reason for this was the low cool down and ability to infinitely color glass, making it as a permanent shield in dueling.

My suggestion is to bring this aspect of Colorovio back, but in a different way. Make the cooldown for the spell 10 seconds or even 15, so that it can't be spammed. In tight duels, players could make a small glass wall (using protello + colorovio) between each other and play strategically around it. If the colored glass would last for only 5-6 seconds, I see no harm in being able to use it like 2-3 times per duel.

It would be a fun addition to dueling and wouldn't be broken since the colored glass would last for a few seconds and can't be spammed

Anyway yea I like pizza goodbye

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Ello, @Salmandingo!
Thank you for your suggestion!
I’ll have it be brought up to the rest of the team and discuss things from there. I’ll get back to you soon with a response!
Hope you have a fantastic day and stay safe!

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Oh to be honest I didn't think of that, thanks Joel

Perhaps we can put the cool down at 18 or 20 seconds?

So that even with the 50% cooldown reduction on charms, (the maximum possible) it will still be balanced

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I like the idea but HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO DUNGEONS IF THERE IS SUCH A LONG COOLDOWN MY WHOLE STRATAGY WAS I TANKED IN A BUBBLE AND EVERYONE ELSE DID THE WORK... but better than nothing... good idea <3

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi, @Salmandingo!
After some discussion with the staff team, we decided to decline your suggestion, as we are not looking at bringing back Colorovio as a spell. The main reason that this spell was removed because of the possibility of exploits that came with it. Additionally, the spell was not intended to be used as a dueling spell to have longer protellos. There are no other uses or places for this spell in the game and we do not plan to add uses or places for it in future because of the aforementioned reasons. Even so, I hope you continue to make more suggestions in the near future!
Have a lovely day!