DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Change the PM color

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I have no idea if this has been suggested before, but if so, I'm sorry for suggesting it again.

As the title says: change the PM color. As of right now, it's the same color as local chat. At first, this isn't really an issue, until classes such as WizPe or CEs happen. The chat gets so spammed with the same color chat, that it makes it almost impossible to see PMs coming in. I have had multiple occasions where I had missed several PMs from friends and never noticed until hours later when they mentioned it.

I know it's difficult to use a color chat that isn't already used, as we have a lot of different chats, but changing it to a color that isn't used as often and isn't as spammed as local chat would be a great change in my opinion.

Some colors could be either one of the house chats colors, or perhaps even the allegiance colors, as they are still less used than local chat.

Daaan

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Daaan
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Yeah I have encountered this issue a couple of times, its more of an inconvenience and as DMs are usually pretty important to me as individual its nice to help me notice it faster

ColaCinema

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColaCinema
Dark Follower Serpent Vampire
Having experienced this problem in the past, I agree with what you suggest, however most people have solved this using labymod by highlighting the chat or by filtering out specific messages.

Lynn

Graduate
Having experienced this problem in the past, I agree with what you suggest, however most people have solved this using labymod by highlighting the chat or by filtering out specific messages.
Yeah, but the majority of the server still plays without labymod and therefore wouldn’t be able to change it. But yeah, labymod is great for that

ohhelloitsnick

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ohhelloitsnick
Auralock Serpent Vampire Werewolf
so I really like the suggestion and I think it would take some trial and error. from a staff perspective, we have other chats that make it hard to see, since the colors are similar to the PM it could possibly mess with the organization of that. I think maybe changing the [PM] to a different word or just spelling out [Private Message] would be more helpful, and maybe making it bold? just some thoughts, always love seeing your suggestions.

Last edited:

Lynn

Graduate
so I really like the suggestion and I think it would take some trial and error. from a staff perspective, we have other chats that make it hard to see, since the colors are similar to the PM it could possibly mess with the organization of that. I think maybe changing the [PM] to a different word or just spelling out [Private Message] would be more helpful, and maybe making it bold? just some thoughts, always love seeing your suggestions.
Hmm, I don’t know if it’s even possible, but what about a menu so players can choose which color PM’s they want. I believe one server I’ve played on ages ago had that feature, but honestly I have no idea how they did it

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
I can see where you’re coming from, as I do catch myself missing pm’s sometimes.
However, I would also like to suggest possibly using colour codes for your pms with friends, that way you’re less likely to miss them. You may discuss amongst your friends and decide which colour code is best suited to you, and use the same one throughout your conversations.

ohhelloitsnick

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ohhelloitsnick
Auralock Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hmm, I don’t know if it’s even possible, but what about a menu so players can choose which color PM’s they want. I believe one server I’ve played on ages ago had that feature, but honestly, I have no idea how they did it
yea of course! the thing is though, our chats are different colors for specific things. sometimes the colors of the [pm] can mix with important things behind the scenes only if we were to change the color.

Lynn

Graduate
I can see where you’re coming from, as I do catch myself missing pm’s sometimes.
However, I would also like to suggest possibly using colour codes for your pms with friends, that way you’re less likely to miss them. You may discuss amongst your friends and decide which colour code is best suited to you, and use the same one throughout your conversations.
Oh! That’s actually a good idea. I’ve now fixed it with labymod, but for players that don’t use labymod that’s a great solution.

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Oh! That’s actually a good idea. I’ve now fixed it with labymod, but for players that don’t use labymod that’s a great solution.
Glad you liked the idea, I hope you have a marvellous day/night ☺️

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
@Lynn Hello Lynn! A similar thread has already been suggested before and unfortunately declined. You can access this thread here to understand the reason behind why we decided to decline this idea.

I'm now going to mark this thread as a duplicate, I hope you have a great day!:serpent: