DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Chocohops thoughts so far…

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I like the new choco hops first of all, I think it’s a good gold sink so could be a step towards sorting out the economy, but I have a couple of extra ideas for it.

First, a couple of QoL things:
Why don’t the cards show lore if you’ve already got one in your inventory? I think there just be a reason for this, but I can’t see what it is. To me, it seems easier if all the cards you have in your book show lore so it’s all more easily accessible. It seems almost like extra work to make it how it is now, so that seems a bit odd to me.
Secondly, since just clicking on a card in your book does nothing, why is there a need to shift click to put it into your book? This also seems like extra work when the click function isn’t already used up.
Third, it’s a little annoying that the multipliers for buying cards have to be set every time you buy. I think it would be nice if they could be kept, for example at x15 you need to click it 3 times every time you buy another set. I don’t know how possible this would be, but it would be easier.

In terms of new ideas, I think a motivation to collect all the cards would be good. These choco hops are very reminiscent of the potions shop in Diagonal Lane, where you can get scarves for completing collections. I think it would be cool to get a collectible of some sort from completing each set, and possibly another one for completing all three (possibly like the winter waltz a few years ago where you traded all your collectibles for a mega-collectible). It would give more excitement to finishing it, other than just completionism.
Another thing i’d love to see is stats available of how many choco hops boxes we have opened, so we can feel bad about our addictions (possibly even amount of gold spent on it as well?)
Also something I haven’t really thought about, but what if you could sell duplicates back? Not for much gold of course, but just if you have too many duplicates maybe idk

I think that’s it for suggestions, but if I remember any more i’ll add them here

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
In terms of new ideas, I think a motivation to collect all the cards would be good. These choco hops are very reminiscent of the potions shop in Diagonal Lane, where you can get scarves for completing collections. I think it would be cool to get a collectible of some sort from completing each set, and possibly another one for completing all three (possibly like the winter waltz a few years ago where you traded all your collectibles for a mega-collectible). It would give more excitement to finishing it, other than just completionism.
I like your overall remarks but i don't really agree with this specific one. Not everything needs to have this sort of thing, but that's just my opinion.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Another small thing I noticed is that when you hover over the categories, it just shows the number of cards you have in that category, and not the total possible, it would be good to say 123/160 or whatever the numbers are (and also an overall count at the top where the choco hop box is displayed in the same GUI
1670007457854.png

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hii @Honey_Dwarf1, and Ivan,

Thank you for bringing your suggestions to our attention. I will address your points one by one.

To address the issue of having cards not show lore when there is a duplicate in a player's inventory, we believe players can look at the card in their inventory instead. About why the 'shift click' key is used instead of the 'click' key, this was more than likely a design choice which also prevents accidental interactions with adding cards to the book.

In regards to the buy multipliers not being saved, this was recently changed and is already live! :)

As for your suggestions, we like the idea of having stats available to the player, which shows how many choco hop boxes they have opened. We will look into implementing this. We will also look into adding stats on how many cards a player has obtained out of the total possible amount. However, we will not be looking into the other suggestions.

We will not be looking into adding rewards for completing sets. If collections expand and there are more cards, we may revisit this idea in the future. We will also not be adding the ability to sell duplicate cards since we don't want to exchange them for gold. If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out.