DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Cloak "Hats" in the Store

Scientin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Scientin
Griffin Phoenix
Over the years we've gotten a number of interesting hats that act as back items, such as the fairy, dragon, and angel wings, and the barrel of butterbrew. One type of item in this vein that we haven't gotten yet that could be really cool is cloaks! Unlike the standard Minecraft capes, these wouldn't be just a straight flat rectangle, but would be shaped to look like a real flowing cloak around the wearer's shoulders. They could be made different colors and patterns (perhaps themed to the Hogsworth Houses as a start?), and could be animated like the wings to be constantly billowing no matter the breeze! I think this item has a lot of potential, and could see a lot of enjoyment from various people in the playerbase, myself included!

Charcole

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColeTheCapybara
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
This is a really great idea! I think these cloaks would fit nicely amongst wings and wearable staffs as "nonconventional" hats. Hope we see these in the future!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Greetings, @Scientin !

Thank you for bringing up this suggestion, we always like to see players coming forward with their creative ideas! Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined due to the difficulties of creating cloaks. There is no easy way to add cloaks without making the hats, which therefore would make them follow head movements rather than the body. Having the cloak as a hat isn't a very nice look so we will not be adding this.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion and we hope to see more from you in the future! Have a fantastic day!

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Greetings, @Scientin !

Thank you for bringing up this suggestion, we always like to see players coming forward with their creative ideas! Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined due to the difficulties of creating cloaks. There is no easy way to add cloaks without making the hats, which therefore would make them follow head movements rather than the body. Having the cloak as a hat isn't a very nice look so we will not be adding this.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion and we hope to see more from you in the future! Have a fantastic day!
It could be interesting to see it done similar to how the current scarves are. This would negate the problem of head movement (however I am sure this could pose some problems with model / texture limits).