DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Coin Rush game

Awesome_Andy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Awesome_Andy1234
Raven
It would be really cool if players could pay gold and play a game to pick up as many gold as you can. The amount of gold dropped is equivalent to the amount payed. This will be a 4player game

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I'm not sure what you mean - do you mean a minigame in /games that you have to pay gold to play? If so, I don't think people would play it much, since games are free to play.

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion, but the way I see it is the 4 players can each pay some gold - judging by what you said, I assumed you choose what you pay, unless you meant that the price is fixed and the amount of gold dropped would be the same as the price. Once the players were in the game, gold would drop, either from the sky or just appear, and you can pick it up and the person who picks up the most wins, but you get to keep the gold you pick up, I assume (since it's the same amount as what you pay).

I have a couple of questions about this - you said the amount of gold that drops would be the same as the amount you pay. However, there are 4 players in the game, so overall players would be paying 4x the amount that is dropped so you could, at best (which is very unlikely) not make any profit from it, which makes the game seem pointless, especially since you would almost always lose gold.
If you meant that the game would drop the amount that all 4 players paid together, then there would be a decent chance of making a profit, but you wouldn't gain much.
One of the potterworld rules is that gambling is not allowed (it's under inappropriate behaviour on the rules page). Keeping in line with these rules, potterworld has nowhere that you can gamble. This game seems like quite a gamble, as you are paying gold for the chance - but not certainty - of winning more gold.

If the amount of gold that you pay is down to you, which is the impression I first got when I read your suggestion, people would pay as little as possible to avoid losing anything, since you don't make more of a profit if you pay more. You probably meant it to be a fixed price, because it wouldn't work otherwise.

However, I'm not sure I understood your idea fully, so please tell me if I misunderstood.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
No it is not this is not gambling brcause it requires skill. Also theres a set amount payed people will play this game because you will get lots of money
It would still be gambling, because gambling is taking a risk for the chance of something and even if this is to do with skill, there is still a lot of chance in there. Also, new players would be against old players, who would be better. This would mean that new players (who don't have as much gold) would be losing their gold to players who need the gold less as they have more because they had not had the chance to practise.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Greetings Awesome_Andy,
Thank you for your suggestion! We always appreciate any new ideas or feedback for our server!
Unfortunately we will be declining this suggestion, since the basis of your suggestion is quite similar to gambling. Gambling is not something we want to encourage, as it is against the rules of the server.
Have a wonderful day!