DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Counting Channel

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Hello there! As you know right now, the Phoenix, Dark Follower, and Aurolock channels are all used for counting. I think there should be a special channel for counting. The channels are supposed to be used for official allegiance business, not counting. It gets a little annoying sometimes for people who really don't want to count. Thanks for our time!

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
I’m unsure of this - while I think it could totally be super fun, it’s just sort of like a spammy chat overall. Potterworld doesn’t really have any spammy chats on their discord, so I’m not sure whether I think this should be implemented or not!

mn614

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: mn614
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Lore Master SPEW
Keira you have a really good point xD

While I do think that there is too much counting in allegiance chats (probably not what they were intended for), I don't think there should be a whole channel on the main discord for it? Just my personal opinion of course! I find that a lot of important messages and meaningful conversations are buried / prevented by heaps of pure numbers. However, there's plenty of other ways to count! The easily accessibly Roleplay Hub server has a counting channel, and you can always count privately with friends! I do think it could be fun, but it wouldn't really fit in with the other channels, if you know what I mean? Just a thought, have a lovely day :D

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
it’s just sort of like a spammy chat overall
The allegiance channels are already incredibly spammy, the point is to reduce spam in those channels. I think the question is not "should we add counting channels", but "should we move the counting to a dedicated channel".

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
The thing is, they weren't made for that intention. If the channel is made for the intention of spamming, it sort of defeats the purpose, IMO.

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
The purpose of reducing spam in the channels
But it does accomplish that. If the counting is moved elsewhere, the allegiance channels are free to be used again. Sure, the total spam on the discord remains the same, but it is now managed better.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
personally i think the counting is fine, they would be uber dead without it. plus it build alliance unity which is kinda cool
werewolves managed to stop the counting takeover and no ones tlaked in it for like months (or atleast properly) then again image phoenix and DF wud be a bit more active due to RP and numbers but atleast we dont have it TAKE THE L LOL GET REKT OTHER ALLAINCES

Last edited:

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Hello again!

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this suggestion. We absolutely love to hear any new ideas that will potentially help improve the server and other platforms as well! We have brought your idea up with the Leadership Team and unfortunately we will be declining it. While we think the idea is fun, we would rather add channels which are more helpful to the community. We also feel that the appeal of counting will not continue if we create a whole new channel since counting usually only happens in the alliance/club channels. In addition to this, we would prefer to put our resources in other aspects on the Potterworld Discord rather than just for creating a bot specifically for counting.

Nonetheless, this was a very fun idea and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to create it! Thank you again and have a wonderful day!