DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Disable doors, etc. in housing

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Lately, I've been getting a lot of people who visit my housing just to open/close all the trapdoors, doors and fence gates (basically anything that can be opened or closed). This has been getting really annoying as it really messes up my build.

So, my suggestion is: add a housing command to give you the option to prevent non-residents to open/close doors, etc. As it'll be an option, everyone can choose for themselves if non-residents can use these items or not.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hey @Lynn! Thank you for your suggestion, I understand how frustrating this can become! Me and the rest of the poltergeist team appreciate the time you took to suggest this.
I'm going to bring this up to the rest of the team for further opinions / solutions. Once an answer has been given I'll return with it so keep an eye on this thread!:cool: Thank you once again Lynn and I hope you have a lovely day!:serpent:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello again now Poltergeist @Lynn! B)

This suggestion has been accepted. We understand this can be frustrating and mess up a build, so we will look into implementing this! We can look into adding a command that will block outsiders from interacting with blocks (e.g. doors, trap doors, buttons, levers, etc).

Thank you for your suggestion! Have a wonderful day:serpent:

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Hello, @Lynn !

I'm happy to inform you that this has been added in the Housing Update. Owners can now control who can open doors and trap doors on their housing plot. If you wish to read more about what the Housing Update brought to the game, you can do so by clicking here.

Thank you again for this suggestion and I hope you have a nice day!