DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Dueling balancing

xThqmen_

New Magician
Here's what I was thinking of; instead of letting everyone use their own wands and spells in the dueling challenges, make everyone use the same stats, wands and spells. This will be way more fun as then the match will be fully skill-based. Also based on teamwork and communication, this way new players actually stand a chance against the more experienced players with their OP spells.

I've just started playing this game and I love how it's built, although when I was contributing in the 3v3 dueling challenge yesterday my plan of me and my two friends in call just got crashed on purely because the other team had all kinds of fly/flame/slow/poison spells, and if you all still want the players who’ve tried their best in the game to have some sort of advantage make two different gamemodes.

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
This will be way more fun as then the match will be fully skill-based.
I don’t think this would go over well, and I’m going to disagree with you implying that dueling is not already fully skill-based. Even with better spells, you have to know when/how to use them, what specific spells work better than others, and you have to have decent aim to hit the spells.

and if you all still want the players who’ve tried their best in the game to have some sort of advantage make two different gamemodes.
Going to disagree with this point too, this would completely screw with the dueling points scoreboard. I get that it can be annoying as a lower level player to face graduates, but even as a graduate myself I lose BADLY to a lot of other players - It’s not like being a graduate gives you a free win card.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Here's what I was thinking of; instead of letting everyone use their own wands and spells in the dueling challenges, make everyone use the same stats, wands and spells. This will be way more fun as then the match will be fully skill-based. Also based on teamwork and communication, this way new players actually stand a chance against the more experienced players with their OP spells.

I've just started playing this game and I love how it's built, although when I was contributing in the 3v3 dueling challenge yesterday my plan of me and my two friends in call just got crashed on purely because the other team had all kinds of fly/flame/slow/poison spells, and if you all still want the players who’ve tried their best in the game to have some sort of advantage make two different gamemodes.
Umm so I just wanna say that challenges aren't really student friendly. They're more of a graduate thing + like cheddar said, even as graduate your chances aren't that big, because of the way teams are formed. Dueling classes are way more low level friendly, and you can always come to halls arena and practice.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @xThqmen_ !!

This suggestion has already been suggested in the part and was declined. You can see the reason as to why here. Regardless, thank you for suggesting this. We always appreciate seeing everyone's ideas! I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: