DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Duelling Profession

Would you consider doing this profession?

• I love duelling I would do this in a heartbeat! :D

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Maybe, seems like a thing I could try maybe I might be good at it!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • This doesn't seem to be the thing I want to do...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ptterodactyl

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Ptterodactyl
Honeybadger
Duelling

Duelling is common to Potterworld
and I think that should also be some
sort of profession for it, it would go
like this:

[1/4] Professor Mystic: Thank you all
for coming to my first duelling club
lesson!

[2/4] Professor Mystic: It has come to
my attention that many of you hold
the skill to duel like a champion.

[3/4] Professor Mystic: And that is
why I am here to teach you how to
do such a skill.

[4/4] Professor Mystic: Now your
first task is to get into a group and
duel but DISARM only.

*Player is split into a group with
a random NPC*

The Player will then have to duel
with all the spells they have, they
will then have to "Disarm" their
NPC.

[1/3] Professor Mystic: Well done
everyone!

[2/3] Professor Mystic: Now can
I have to people to example
their duelling abilities?

[3/3] Professor Mystic: How
about you *Username* and
*NPC Name*

The Player will then duel the NPC
once again.

[1/4] Professor Mystic: Well
done once again! everyone may
be dismissed.

[2/4] Professor Mystic: Except for
*Username* can you please stay behind?

[3/4] Professor Mystic: Thank you
now I have my own special group of
duelist who are the most talented I've
seen.

[4/4] Professor Mystic: Now I've seen
that you have those abilities so why do
you come along?

What other things can you do?

At Professor Mystic's duelling club
you will be able to do all sorts of
stuff from duels to upgrading your
wand such as boosts for fire spells
and much more.

P.S Sorry I'm coming off as Spammy now
I've just posted 4 Posts in a row. Sorry! :C

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
Honestly, if we're talking revelius update which I believe you would be as this would take quite a while to be able to implement, we need to wait to see what it already has to offer in regards to gameplay and see if it would be fitting. I feel like your idea is not horrible but would be very extensive as for the many hours in which it takes to complete the profession, many, many more, would be put in setting up custom mobs, spells and text from the NPC with many bugs I could imagine popping up due to it. An advantage in gameplay from focusing on this profession would be quite a powerful one. Due to the power, you would get from it I don't think it would be fair on other people who dedicate to a certain profession unless the system is different then it is now. I guess to conclude with what I'm saying is we will have to wait and see if this implementation would be worth the hours and time and would correlate well with the update. I believe that ways of making spells more powerful would be great such as more extensive talents. A profession for it seems a bit too much in my opinion, but who knows!

Ptterodactyl

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Ptterodactyl
Honeybadger
Honestly, if we're talking revelius update which I believe you would be as this would take quite a while to be able to implement, we need to wait to see what it already has to offer in regards to gameplay and see if it would be fitting. I feel like your idea is not horrible but would be very extensive as for the many hours in which it takes to complete the profession, many, many more, would be put in setting up custom mobs, spells and text from the NPC with many bugs I could imagine popping up due to it. An advantage in gameplay from focusing on this profession would be quite a powerful one. Due to the power, you would get from it I don't think it would be fair on other people who dedicate to a certain profession unless the system is different then it is now. I guess to conclude with what I'm saying is we will have to wait and see if this implementation would be worth the hours and time and would correlate well with the update. I believe that ways of making spells more powerful would be great such as more extensive talents. A profession for it seems a bit too much in my opinion, but who knows!
I completely agree, I knew it wouldn't be added as soon as it came out because I know how hard it can be and I wish luck for the devs going into this complex thing :)

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

We appreciate all of the feedback we received and take it all into consideration. At this time, we will be declining your suggestion. Dueling and spells will change with the Revelius Update and there is still the option for you to duel in dueling arenas/housing etc. Since you are already able to duel anyone at any time, we don't feel it would be necessary to add a profession for this. You can click here to watch the Revelius Update Q&A video for more information about the update. You can also click here to see some feedback response to the Q&A video.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Even though this suggestion has been declined, I personally think that it is a great idea.

However, as explained above by other people the magic system is changing. The way you suggested could also be over powered.

I do think it would be nice for s dueling profession, however I think if you were to add a fourth profession it’d be better to add a fifth one as well (it would annoy some people, not all just some -including me). The fifth one would ofc be the Creature profession which I am waiting for :D