DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Epifo Crouch

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Skill: shift clicking, running
Strategy: cast epifio as soon as it's not on cooldown
skill: mana management, counters, flicks, timer management, long range punishes, combos to break epifio. makes aim more relevant since people with bad offence cant break it. if epifio is so broken why do my duels with good people usually end in under 1-2 minutes. (its because we hit each other and dont just spam venti + sheilds while wondering why the other person wont die)

strategy: resource management, punishes, combos

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
as if 20 second cooldown spells are spammable, and do not put eachother on cooldown (which should be the case with epifio as well, but isnt)
If epifio is skill and strategy based, then why doesnt it share cooldown with any spell? Why doesnt the slowness stay even after you used mobility? Why does it cancel fall damage? Why does it have a 5 second cooldown with the talent? Why doesnt it have a charge time? Why does it still heal even if you get hit while casting it?
All of those just prove that the spell is the opposite from a well thought out and strategy demanding spell.

Sticktrees

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SmellyBigBro
Dark Follower Griffin
If epifio is skill and strategy based, then why doesnt it share cooldown with any spell? Why doesnt the slowness stay even after you used mobility? Why does it cancel fall damage? Why does it have a 5 second cooldown with the talent? Why doesnt it have a charge time? Why does it still heal even if you get hit while casting it?
Epifio does share cooldowns just not if you use it. Other spells put epifio on cooldown AKA mobility spells. The slowness does stay for ascendo I'm p sure appaero just gets rid of slowness in general. I think the fall damage is a bug its been there since pre-rev. It has a low cooldown bc ppl commit a talent to that instead of having better defensive spell cooldowns + its a small heal but, it should have a cast time. The heal is instant so nothing stops it. BASED TAKE, aqua and propulso shouldn't do as much damage as they do. Sorry if my opinion is blunt. Thanks for read <3

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hello @MattyPoltergeist, and everyone who has contributed to this thread! We really appreciate the point of view you have brought up to us about the function of the epifio spell, and it has been good to see the various thoughts in the responses on this thread.

This suggestion is unfortunately not something we would like to do at this time. We feel that epifio is fine as it currently is for a few reasons. While self-heal epifio is “uncounterable”, it also makes you very vulnerable with a slow effect, making it easier to hit you with spells during that time. Epifio isn’t designed to be a high-usage self-healing spell, specifically in higher-level combat, because of how little healing it does and how vulnerable it makes you. If someone is getting away with spamming epifio to regen a large chunk of their health, specifically in PVP, it likely means that the other player(s) potentially aren’t playing on the offensive enough.

Regardless of this decision, thank you very much to everyone for taking the time to discuss this thread and for bringing it up! I hope this makes sense, and I'd love to see you continue to leave feedback and suggestions on these forums in the future!

Charcole

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ColeTheCapybara
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Hello @MattyPoltergeist, and everyone who has contributed to this thread! We really appreciate the point of view you have brought up to us about the function of the epifio spell, and it has been good to see the various thoughts in the responses on this thread.

This suggestion is unfortunately not something we would like to do at this time. We feel that epifio is fine as it currently is for a few reasons. While self-heal epifio is “uncounterable”, it also makes you very vulnerable with a slow effect, making it easier to hit you with spells during that time. Epifio isn’t designed to be a high-usage self-healing spell, specifically in higher-level combat, because of how little healing it does and how vulnerable it makes you. If someone is getting away with spamming epifio to regen a large chunk of their health, specifically in PVP, it likely means that the other player(s) potentially aren’t playing on the offensive enough.

Regardless of this decision, thank you very much to everyone for taking the time to discuss this thread and for bringing it up! I hope this makes sense, and I'd love to see you continue to leave feedback and suggestions on these forums in the future!
What about the idea of reversing the way Epifo works, changing from crouch casting to heal other players and making it so that you just normally cast to heal yourself? This was part of the initial suggestion and supported by Zmiya and I but drowned out by the other discussion.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Epifio isn’t designed to be a high-usage self-healing spell, specifically in higher-level combat, because of how little healing it does and how vulnerable it makes you
But it is. It is used a lot, and the design is supporting that - it has a extremely short cooldown (7 without talent, 5 with talent), healing that it provides is uncounterable while the debuff it gives (slowness) is counterable with any mobility spell, and the other healing spells arent putting it on a cooldown

xAutumnn

Magician
Minecraft IGN: xAutumnn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven VIP
Epifio does share cooldowns just not if you use it. Other spells put epifio on cooldown AKA mobility spells. The slowness does stay for ascendo I'm p sure appaero just gets rid of slowness in general. I think the fall damage is a bug its been there since pre-rev. It has a low cooldown bc ppl commit a talent to that instead of having better defensive spell cooldowns + its a small heal but, it should have a cast time. The heal is instant so nothing stops it. BASED TAKE, aqua and propulso shouldn't do as much damage as they do. Sorry if my opinion is blunt. Thanks for read <3
As a note, regardless of disagreeing with the main idea of this post to switch self heal and regular heal mechanics, along with the other ideas insinuated to potentially nerf epifio, such as raising the cooldown, or lowering the healing amount, I will be looking into some of the 'bugs' that epifio has. I'll be looking into the fall damage bug that sometimes happens with lag, and I'll also be looking into the bug with the healing not having a cast time like the rest of the spell. I believe the cast time issue to be a bug within the magic plugin, but I think I've found a fix and can make it so the heal isn't instantaneous and make sure it has a cast time like it was intended. These fixes should be included in an upcoming magic & combat patch coming soon.