DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

HarmonicHewell

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: HarmonicHewell
Griffin
This is going to be a bit of a blunt and hostile post about the new update and general gripes I have with it.
During quarantine I started reading the HP books and have also been playing minecraft. I joined this server and had a blast running around the castle exploring. I kept finding new easter eggs and secret passages every day and it was great. Huge respect to the building staff.

I've been saving up recently for a broom. I don't have much money and frankly grinding on this server isn't very fun, so most of my income came from random fun quests or through voting for the server. I wanted to buy a Fireflash, and didn't yet have the money for it so I thought I'd wait a bit more, just because it would be cool to have.

The recent update has annoyed me quite a lot. Places I've already been to are now locked for me and the only way to get to them is by walking across the entire map. I don't have the same fun I do in exploring the castle. My walks are just long and boring. It's completely not entertaining to navigate the world. Normally, a game doesn't have fast travel because there are fun movement options or because there is a lot to see. This is not the case with this server. I appreciate that you value exploration, but exploration for the sake of exploration with no reward whatsoever for doing it is just pointless and bland. It's no fun at all trying to navigate the world.

Please bring back the old fast travel system. I'm just wasting my damn time getting from place to place, plus it's bloody expensive!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
This is going to be a bit of a blunt and hostile post about the new update and general gripes I have with it.
During quarantine I started reading the HP books and have also been playing minecraft. I joined this server and had a blast running around the castle exploring. I kept finding new easter eggs and secret passages every day and it was great. Huge respect to the building staff.

I've been saving up recently for a broom. I don't have much money and frankly grinding on this server isn't very fun, so most of my income came from random fun quests or through voting for the server. I wanted to buy a Fireflash, and didn't yet have the money for it so I thought I'd wait a bit more, just because it would be cool to have.

The recent update has annoyed me quite a lot. Places I've already been to are now locked for me and the only way to get to them is by walking across the entire map. I don't have the same fun I do in exploring the castle. My walks are just long and boring. It's completely not entertaining to navigate the world. Normally, a game doesn't have fast travel because there are fun movement options or because there is a lot to see. This is not the case with this server. I appreciate that you value exploration, but exploration for the sake of exploration with no reward whatsoever for doing it is just pointless and bland. It's no fun at all trying to navigate the world.

Please bring back the old fast travel system. I'm just wasting my damn time getting from place to place, plus it's bloody expensive!
I don't think they need to just bring back the system as it was before, but the system as it is now is completely broken I totally agree. I believe the answer lies somewhere in between. Wizards can apparate and use portkeys so some level of teleportation just makes sense and is a cornerstone to all major games with an expansive map these days, however just having everything immediately at your fingertips is a little OP and takes away from the work put into building the world just as making people fly so high they can't see anything but tree tops while going from one side of the map to the other.

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW

He brings up some good points. Let me use Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as an example (since most people are familiar with it). The map was even more lively and full of things to explore than Potterworld, but they still gave a fast travel system. Why? They know players don't want to spend the majority of the time playing in transit. I truly sympathize with those poor souls who didn't even have a fireflash before the update, for now they're suffering.

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
I agree to some extent. I definitely don't think the old system should be brought back completely, as it was very overpowered. You could travel anywhere in the world at any time for virtually free. However, the current system is not the answer. It would be very different if the map were covered in mob locations and places to explore, but it isn't. 75% of it is just empty space meant to serve as decoration.

I think a possible solution would be to lower the price of fire dust significantly, from 20 gold to 10 or even 5. I still think that the location should have to be discovered first, but once you've been there it should be fairly easy to get back, not costing upwards of 100 gold in some cases. Another possible fix that was suggested in another forum post was to have 2 warps on the warpkey bag. You can read their post here: https://potterworldmc.com/threads/warp-hear-me-out-pls.4512/#post-44765

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Greetings HyperCourage!
Thank you for leaving feedback for the Revelius update. We always appreciate players coming forward with their thoughts on the recent update, as it helps us see what we can improve.
I will now bring your feedback up to the rest of the Poltergeist Team so that we can discuss it.
Have a great day!

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I totally agree! I think having the option to travel, and fly around the map if you want to is a great thing! But if you're forced to explore and walk / fly over the whole map is pure boring. I always find myself watching YouTube on my phone next to my whilst I fly, because there's nothing to look at. There's also nothing special about towns. i was hoping they'd be full of shops to buy items from (possibly exclusive to that shop!) but no, the majority of them are pure decoration.

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I know some people like to explore and mob farm and grind, and others would much rather get to places immediately to shop, do quests, etc. I agree though, the map before was amazing! But allowing people to roam freely and warp anywhere they wanted was kinda a waste of all that time building the amazing map. I traded my broom for a store trade, and now suffer traveling with my briskbranch. I think lowering the cost of firedust would defiantly help, but I agree, I don't think they should let everyone warp freely everywhere

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
I know some people like to explore and mob farm and grind, and others would much rather get to places immediately to shop, do quests, etc. I agree though, the map before was amazing! But allowing people to roam freely and warp anywhere they wanted was kinda a waste of all that time building the amazing map. I traded my broom for a store trade, and now suffer traveling with my briskbranch. I think lowering the cost of firedust would defiantly help, but I agree, I don't think they should let everyone warp freely everywhere
The majority of the issue as I see it is that most people aren't observing the map while travelling. We're flying at the highest height possible as to avoid trees and holding W while watching YouTube/Netflix. Plus, there isn't that much to explore between towns, it's mostly just trees... and rocks... and trees...

I'd be happy to walk if I had to go between places within towns, but not if I'm just walking over nondescript terrain.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya HyperCourage, and anyone else who interacted with this thread! We really appreciate your opinion on the Revelius Update, and we apologise for the late response. We have paid close attention to the feedback we received since the update released and have been making changes according to the feedback that we have received.

Regarding the issues that you touch on with fast travel and exploration, since Revelius, we have introduced a new town and added more quests and riddles to the world. We are also working on new ways to fill the map, with things like towns, world interactions, and new quests and riddles for players to play through.

Looking at the changes we have made so far, we decided to lower the price of firedust. We lowered the warpkey cooldown to 7 minutes, and we also added a second warp and a permanent warp that is set to Hogsworth. We have been working on different ways for players to fast travel between towns, and these methods are gated behind quests and activities. We hope that these changes and additions will be beneficial to travelling easier and more affordably, and that any other changes we make will work towards that goal too.