DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Warp (Hear me out pls)

chaileyrose

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: chail3y
Dark Follower Staff Raven Vampire Lead Game Designer Sr. Architect Lead
Okay, so I want to preface this with fact that I completely understand why transportation has been limited! I think it is a great way to promote exploration and force people to actually walk or fly places. I do have a suggestion though! I think that because a lot of players are struggling and getting frustrated with the travel, the limit should be changed to 2. I really like being able to set the warp, I think one of the warps should be able to be set. However, I think that the great hall warp, shouldn't be changed to that warp. I think that the great hall warp should be automatic for everyone. If you guys are adamant two off the bat is unnecessary, then maybe there should be a quest to gain the second. Where you have the great hall warp until you are able to complete the quest for the settable warp. This way, new players HAVE to explore the world before having two warps, but the players who have learned their way around the world and server, they can get a second warp that they could set to a place like, a town.
Thank you for reading my suggestion and let me know if you have any questions!

Magicath

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Magicath_
Auralock Raven SPEW
As far as promoting exploration, I think restricting the ease of travel was definitely necessary. However, I find the main reason for me really and truly exploring the map to be the cool new builds, not because I'm obligated to because I don't have a warp to a place or it is harder to get to. As well, I think Avi has a really valid point in that when I'm going from place to place, I'm not flying slowly and looking around the map, I'm just trying to get to that place.

I think that a Hogsworth warp as the default in addition to another warp which the players set which greatly benefit players while also not harming exploration.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I agree with this - I think either as you suggested 2 possible warps - or a set warp at a very few set locations... One in Hogsworth for example, I'm gunna say it - one in Hogsend at the Mine Depot... It gets used too much to not have a set warp easily accessible there. I think the travel is long - but if you use the Train and the Knight Bus it makes this way less time and I think really works - It makes the world feel so much bigger and will have a positive effect on the server, but I think Hogsworth & Mine Depot should have a set warp and you could then set one other wherever you may please.

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I'm gunna say it - one in Hogsend at the Mine Depot... It gets used too much to not have a set warp easily accessible there.
The Housing Shop will now also be accessible through the House Elf on your housing moving forward. No need to leave your housing or travel to Hogsend. ;)

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I think that you guys need to do a bit more exploring. There are LOADS of warps already round the map, here are some examples:
Room of Requirement Vanishing Cabinet
Borgin and Brambles Vanishing Cabinet
Kings Cross
Hogsend Station
Fire Dust
Wicked Willow Passage
Statue Passage
Most of these take you from Hogsworth to London which is a HUGE leap in the map and means you can access most areas very quickly.
These are only a few as well, there are loads

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
I think that you guys need to do a bit more exploring. There are LOADS of warps already round the map, here are some examples:
Room of Requirement Vanishing Cabinet
Borgin and Brambles Vanishing Cabinet
Kings Cross
Hogsend Station
Fire Dust
Wicked Willow Passage
Statue Passage
Most of these take you from Hogsworth to London which is a HUGE leap in the map and means you can access most areas very quickly.
These are only a few as well, there are loads
However, even with these, you rarely can travel to far places like Seaside Cottage, Tristmoor, and Longbay Landing. Making one of these towns the second warp that you can have makes it easy to explore without the need to fly for 30 minutes (especially if you're bad at coordinates).

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I maybe unaware, but i'm pretty sure there's not a quick way to get to london? that'd be why I'd like 2 warps, so one covers the south and one covers the north
There are several quick ways to London from Hogsworth :D To name the ones I can think of:

The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Hidden Things (-112 97), it's a bit awkward to get in atm like this suggestion (https://potterworldmc.com/threads/m...hing-cabinet-more-consistent.4545/#post-44735 . This takes you to Shade Alley

Hogsend Train Station, (look on the map). You can get to Hogsend quickly with the Wicked Willow, Libary Statue, Boathouse Quest and Room of Refuge Painting. This takes you to Kings Cross.

Firedust (obviously)

You can also set your spawn point in London as there are many ways there to get to Hogsworth (I have done this).

Hope this helps

okethqn

Magician
Minecraft IGN: okethqn
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix
I was thinking this exact same thing earlier! I think the second part of your suggest is amazing, where a quest would need to be completed to unlock a "personal" warp to go alongside the default GH warp.
Having a default GH warp would also help when new players ask for help on how to get to different locations throughout the castle, which has especially been seen today with everybody trying out the early quests (Where's divination, the library, xyz commonroom, where's the ruin courtyard, potions room, etc.), because non-staff will be able to quickly get to the Great Hall to help direct the player around.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
While having two warps is interesting I still believe that the better solution is to make it so there are 3 or 4 set warps that you unlock once you do all the quests in a given section (such as all year 1+2 quests). There is currently no reward for doing a lot of quests (you are only rewarded for each individual quest) and this would incentivise you to do them ALL. EX: Doing all year 1+2 quests unlocks a permanent warp to Hogsworth. I do support two warps though and some kind of fast travel improvement once you have "finished exploring" and just want to get to places quick is needed.

chaileyrose

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: chail3y
Dark Follower Staff Raven Vampire Lead Game Designer Sr. Architect Lead
Matty! I totally understand where you are coming from! However I still firmly believe that there should always be a great hall warp. By having the only warp able to be set else where players automatically can get lost so much easier. By having the setable one obtained through a quest it does make the person explore until they are able to complete the quest. And at that point they are familiar enough with the map that having the warp you can set is honestly just a time saver and ease of access because it's not prohibiting explorationthat has already been done!

I heavily support the idea that there should be a default Great Hall warp mostly because of the change in the livelihood of the Great Hall. When Revelius came out, it was overwhelming and amazing, but a side effect was that the Great Hall became far less lively (as players were all across the map). Of course, one can be the Devil's Advocate and argue that players are less likely to be at the Great Hall because they want to explore, and that after some time, the Great Hall will return to its original livelihood. Nevertheless, there's no guarantee that it would and that is why I favour this suggestion a lot!

As a returning player who played a bit before this travel restriction update. I think it is really annoying for anyone that is more of a casual. Which I really do, I loved how you could travel quickly to iconic places to explore, not everyone that joins the server is interested in leveling up and becoming a gold hoarding monster. I myself can enjoy that aspect but I know from old friends that they don't agree. We are in quite the agreement that it's incredibly limiting the way it is now. I liked the old way of having to find the place before you could port there and then being able to freely go there. I would love to have it back since it encourages people who don't want to be hardcore mmorpg players to join the server and try out some things and quest and etc.

Having starting to do the Year 1 and 2 quests I find it annoying that there is so much backtrecking, the quests take ages even if they are quite easy to do because of all the running. The castle itself is a legit maze and trying to find your way back is discouraging and quite dull.

So in conclusion I think this is an update that works for the older peeps that already have explored the Castle and hogsend and the older areas. These ones are also the areas that people easily recognise and love to explore from nostaliga or whatever. I don't mind if I cannot warp to the most far areas, and I think one can explore despite being able to fast travel to certain WELL KNOWN places.

My suggestion would be that allow warp keys to the Most common and Most recognisable areas from the franchise, prohibit fast travel to more "endgame" areas and areas that are not supposed to be easy access (Chamber of Secrets, Shrieking Shack, Azkaban, Different places far away from the castle, etc etc). Being a new player and having to travel back and forth from Divination Tower to the Quidditch Pitch multiple times is not encouraging, new players want to explore the world in their own pace and at their own interest, as I said, not every player wants to play this server to achieve max level and do the "endgame"-content. They just want to explore the world and be able to go back to the iconic places. Allow warp keys and make it so you have to find the place first (forcing everyone to explore your way at least once) and then put a hefty cooldown (15-20min?) on all except to the Grand Hall.

HeyJared

Magician
Minecraft IGN: HeyJared
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Werewolf SPEW
My suggestion would be that allow warp keys to the Most common and Most recognisable areas from the franchise, prohibit fast travel to more "endgame" areas and areas that are not supposed to be easy access (Chamber of Secrets, Shrieking Shack, Azkaban, Different places far away from the castle, etc etc). Being a new player and having to travel back and forth from Divination Tower to the Quidditch Pitch multiple times is not encouraging, new players want to explore the world in their own pace and at their own interest, as I said, not every player wants to play this server to achieve max level and do the "endgame"-content. They just want to explore the world and be able to go back to the iconic places. Allow warp keys and make it so you have to find the place first (forcing everyone to explore your way at least once) and then put a hefty cooldown (15-20min?) on all except to the Grand Hall.
I agree because most players want to be able to explore the more common areas of the Harry Potter universe, but having to travel hundreds upon thousands of blocks to get there would discourage them. I think that having a "no cool down" warp on the great hall would be beneficial and would reduce frustration if you got lost in the castle or in the world and need a quicker way back to Hogwarts.