DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

/find command

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
As Potterworld has been having a huge increase in the player count, finding a friend or someone you want to help in one of the 7 open worlds is harder than ever. Of course, messaging each player is a decent alternative but gets annoying when you’re talking to other people or have to ask them again and again (especially when they’re hopping across servers).

Therefore, I propose the /find (ign) command to easily locate which world a player is on. This simple command could be used to find players in minigame, housing, class, or world servers.

ex.
/find Reneelogies -> Renee_Montali is in Minigame 1
/find Enzologies -> Enzo_Laetus is in Class 2
/find Mistlelorl -> Laurel_Solaire is in World 4
/find shqnsuke -> shqnsuke is in Housing

However, there could be some concern for restricted servers, so the returning message could be modified based on perms. This could also be intrusive for some players, so there could be a setting in /me to limit the people who can check to either no one, friends, or everyone, with ‘no one’ set to default.

edit: after what i read what luckiest said, i think everyone could be set to default, and once each player knows about it, they can decide to choose what they want to set it to. (most new players wouldn’t be aware of the settings, so it would be easier to help out with ’everyone’ set as default)

Last edited:

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Cool idea but if it was set to no one by default then only a very small amount of people would ever actually use it, making it kind of pointless. Personally I don't really see it as intrusive, at least not as intrusive as anyone being able to join your housing at any time which is what I think is the default for that. But to appeal to those people I guess it would be nice to have some setting, just not as "no one" by default.

EDIT: To clarify, I really do like the idea, I just take issue with the part regarding settings.

Last edited:

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
Cool idea but if it was set to no one by default then only a very small amount of people would ever actually use it, making it kind of pointless.
You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to try to contradict that, but personally I disagree. More often than not, some new players don't know how to navigate throughout worlds, and I frequently see players in chat saying:
Player1WhoNeedsHelp: help! I can't find <xyz>
Player2WhoIsHelping: Okay, where are you? I'm in the great hall.
Player1WhoNeedsHelp: In the great hall, I don't see you!

Even if it wasn't used by many people, it'd still be useful for the people that would and it's not a whole new plugin or project. I personally find it annoying when I'm helping a new player and I'm going through all seven worlds to save them the trouble of being confused on how to get there.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to try to contradict that, but personally I disagree. More often than not, some new players don't know how to navigate throughout worlds, and I frequently see players in chat saying:
Player1WhoNeedsHelp: help! I can't find <xyz>
Player2WhoIsHelping: Okay, where are you? I'm in the great hall.
Player1WhoNeedsHelp: In the great hall, I don't see you!

Even if it wasn't used by many people, it'd still be useful for the people that would and it's not a whole new plugin or project. I personally find it annoying when I'm helping a new player and I'm going through all seven worlds to save them the trouble of being confused on how to get there.
Opps, I probably should of better clarified, I like the idea! I think it is cool and very helpful, I was just taking issue with making privacy settings on by default. If it was on "no one' by default many new players wouldn't know how to dig through the settings and would never be able to actually use it.

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Opps, I probably should of better clarified, I like the idea! I think it is cool and very helpful, I was just taking issue with making privacy settings on by default. If it was on "no one' by default many new players wouldn't know how to dig through the settings and would never be able to actually use it.
good point, might edit my post about it

Palindrome

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: bluecherub
Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix DD Editor DD Producer
I don't know, if it was set to everyone can find you as default, it would be easier to harass and troll newer players. Older players would see it in updates and know how to protect themselves.

Chelsad

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Chelsad
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
i really like this idea! it’d be really helpful when one wants to help another, and would just be easier to find your friends in general (and stalk them :eyes: )

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
i could see this being useful. psychos suggestion makes a lot of sense. i dont really see the issue of harassment taking place commonly, and in those rare cases it does staff can resolve it.

Chelsad

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Chelsad
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
or maybe add it on to the friends list so that only your friends can see where you are? because as hannah said, people could harass others and possibly follow someone everywhere. it could be quite annoying, so maybe when you do /f list, it shows their location next to their name, kind of like hypixel, if you will.

Last edited:

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello,

Thank you so much for this suggestion, it truly means a lot. However, this suggestion has been in the works for some time (wink wink). So, on that note I’m going to mark this thread as On Hold as there is no a duplicated thread that we have accepted (etc).

Once again, thank you so much for the suggestion, It means a lot!

Palindrome

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: bluecherub
Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix DD Editor DD Producer
or maybe add it on to the friends list so that only your friends can see where you are? because as hannah said, people could harass others and possibly follow someone everywhere. it could be quite annoying, so maybe when you do /f list, it shows their location next to their name, kind of like hypixel, if you will.
Chels 🙈🙈🙈🙈😍😄😝😄😒😁😒😘😜😚😥😀😝😙😪😁😛😳😰😁😰😃😛😄😭😙☺😭😥😘😣😚

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @mayu lettuce!!

This suggestion is now complete! With the new friends update, players are now able to see where their friends are, whether that is in a world, minigame or housing! Thank you again for making this suggestion, I hope you have a wonderful day:serpent: