DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Give a warning before major economic changes

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
#3
I would say that is needed, even if it is a 12 hour gap from a hotfix forum post to release so people cam be able to adjust. Though personally I believe that in this specific circumstance it would not have mattered. If people knew earlier they would of just bought all the recipes earlier and then waited to sell when it eventually did release.
 
Last edited:

Matt Silvius

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SLGMatt
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW Linked
#4
Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion!
I'll be bringing this up with the rest of the Poltergeist team and get back to you as soon as we have a decision! <3

~Matt
 

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
#5
Though personally I believe that in this specific circumstance it would not have mattered. If people knew earlier they would of just bought all the recipes earlier and then waited to sell when it eventually did release.
This is exactly what I was about to say. Sam Laverna would have made the same amount of money with an earlier announcement as he would just have taken those recipes before they were sellable. In my opinion, the issue at hand requires a much more complicated solution; like a sort of lock on those items on the market for a week or so.
 

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
#6
This is exactly what I was about to say. Sam Laverna would have made the same amount of money with an earlier announcement as he would just have taken those recipes before they were sellable. In my opinion, the issue at hand requires a much more complicated solution; like a sort of lock on those items on the market for a week or so.
100% agree. I wanted to add one more thing though. I am no member of GD but doing a shutdown of a part of the marketplace sounds complicated and does not sound easy. So now I am wondering, is something like this even worth the extra development time? I am not taking a stance because I genuinely don’t know the answer but I do believe it is worth considering the extra time the team has to take in order to prevent something like this from happening which obviously takes away from the time they would spend making more updates.
(This is coming from a guy who if the shutdown had taken place would be 1.74k richer)
 

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Taramite
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Linked Faerie
#7
Hiya, @Aviforma!

Sorry for the wait and thank you for your patience! I’d like to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted, as we want to communicate with players what we will be doing in the future and for other big changes. Usually, we will not be announcing/warning for smaller adjustments just because of how little it is, but we will definitely let our players know major changes.

Have a nice day!
 

jake_ft

Head of Community Management & Build
Head Staff
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: jake_ft
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Head Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Lead Prefect Discord Moderator SPEW Drooble's Order Linked Faerie
#10
Hi all,

Thanks for making this suggestion, and for adding all of your thoughts! I apologise for the delay in getting back to you with an update.

We've recently been reviewing all of our on hold suggestions ahead of the 2.0 update and will unfortunately be changing the decision here to declined. This is primarily because we're no longer making changes to the current systems as the majority of the staff team is fully focused on producing the 2.0 update. As a result, we do not feel like this is needed as all features of the update are being clearly advertised, and players will be able to gauge any changes that will affect their shop without a separate warning about potential economy changes. You can find more about the 2.0 update on our YouTube channel and website.

Additionally, investments in your store are subject to a certain element of fluctuation in the value of our items with gameplay changes - it would be difficult to draw a line as to what we warn for, and are therefore leaving all store decisions entirely up to players' discretion.

Thank you for the suggestion regardless, and apologies once again for the delay. Have a great day!