DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Hat Prices

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
I just wanted to address something that I think should be said, the prices of some of the hats on the store are incredibly expensive and it's a bit ridiculous. A hat can be as high as $16.00 USD. That's a lot for a hat. Now of course, donations are intended to benefit the server and a hat is simply a customization to your player character. And of course, our Arithmancers work very hard on these models and selling them brings in profit. I have no problem with putting more detailed items on the shop for a higher price, but I think a few of the item prices need to be reduced.

Another thing is some of the hats aren't 100% what they look like in-game, and it would be super nice to implement a system where players can try on a hat from the store (instead of actually putting it on them, it could simply display an NPC with your player skin) as sometimes I buy a hat and say "Oh I kinda wish I didn't buy that as it doesn't fit my skin."

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Hey! Regarding your first point, we sadly cannot lower the price of items on the store from years ago as it would be unfair to the many players who have already bought those items in the past. Also, prices for the 3D models differ depending on multiple factors. These include complexity (like you said), size, time taken by the Artworkers to make the models, and more! :D

Going onto your second point, having a system of trying on items from the store in-game has been suggested before. It's something we'd like to do but currently cannot implement due to other things with a higher priority. There is no ETA on this.

Another thing is some of the hats aren't 100% what they look like in-game

The Arithmancer team will also be working on updating the renders on the store to appear more accurate to how they look in-game! If there are any hats/wand appearances that you feel do not accurately reflect their appearance in-game, please let me know! That way I can make sure those renders are improved. <3