DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Hidden Chests and Gold Rewards

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Strale_Varulv
Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer SPEW Game Designer
I had one (a bit sad) discussion with my friend, Joe_Magus. He was really sad because he heard that you will maybe remove Gold from Hidden Chests. He said that he will even leave the server, if that happens. In his speech, he also said that he's donating over 2000 dollars to the server per year. I felt like I should do something, to not lose my friend, and your donator. I know how hard it is, as I already lost my first best friend. My suggestion is to keep Gold Reward in Hidden Chests. This would definitely help players, cause many players (as well as Joe) are/were grinding XP for level 80, just to get Gold from Hidden Chests.

Thanks for reading this Suggestion.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Couldn't agree more, removing the gold reward is so needless and unnecessary. If it is considered "overpowered" then nerf it, don't just delete it. Right now I am attempting to get to level 80 right now and there really is no reward for putting my academic credits into xp and doing the daily riddles other then the prospect of gold chest runs, especially because I don't really care about dueling.

Postscript: To be honest even if they keep gold chest runs I don't think it is going to be the main way players will get gold. I don't know how or why but with a map this big and with this number of changes all of which are not public player tested I feel like there will be another method of some kind (even if it is ephemeral).

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
I think your friend misinterpreted what was said in the Q&A. The way I understood it, you would still be able to receive gold from hidden chests; it would just not be in every single one. Instead, there would be more useful rewards such as gear and professions ingredients that would make powerful items.

Overall, it might even be easier for you and your friend to get gold. Not only will there be more chests, but non-graduates will be able to receive gold form them. Graduates will most likely have a harder time getting gold, but that will help with inflation of the server economy. Right now, maybe a dozen graduates go on chest runs each day, amassing an average of 1512.5 gold if they go to every chest, and even more off of the chocohop cards they sell. This can't be good for the economy to have so much gold floating in each day. This is why the exchange rate for gold to USD has gone from 100 to over 1000 in just a few years. At first, the gold you receive from the new chests will most likely be very small because of how inflated the economy is, but after a few weeks, I think it will adjust to accommodate the new gold-making methods.

If it is really true that he donates over $2000 to the server per year, I would like to thank him for helping keep the server running. But I think that it's a bit overreacting to quit something you love so much and have put so much time and money into just because of a change so small as making it more difficult to get gold.

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Strale_Varulv
Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer SPEW Game Designer
Oh thank you! I couldn't really listen to Q&A, as my speakers are broken. Thank you for listening to it and saying it here! :)
(and also, now when you said that, I remember that there was a slide with chests with that info xD)

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I've never heard that the gold reward from chests was getting removed. Unless it was stated specifically anywhere I would think Joe was just speculating. Anyways since traveling is being nerfed I don't think that chest runs will be the way to go for grinding gold. As stated in the Q&A the cost of fire dust is very high. I don't think that spending 100 gold to go from Hogsworth to Diagon Alley would be the best way to get rich. As stated above it was probably just a misunderstanding as they said in the Q&A that more loot is going to be in chests.

TL;DR the gold chest reward is probably going to stay, but it being a good way to get gold will not.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Strale_Spaski,
Thank you for making a suggestion for our server!
This idea already has a different thread that is currently Under Review here so I will be marking this thread as a duplicate.
Thanks again and have a great day!